Chapter# 44 (The End)

Unedited.

"I need to go." Kanwal said raising her head from Ahad's chest.

"Where?" Ahad removed the bangs from her face.

"Mahnoor must be waiting for me."

"You don't have to go. Nats is there, she will handle it." He wiped the tears from her eyes, "You messed up your beautiful face. It's all red, even your eyes are swelled."

"I am fine."

"I know you are. You are my brave wife." He said pulling her into arms again, "But don't cry so much, you emptied the whole tissue paper box."

He joked but she didn't respond to it. She was extremely exhausted as if she was pulling a load of cart all alone for quite some time and all of her strength faded when she saw Ahad. She tried to remain calm but failed miserably and broke into tears as soon as Yawar left the house, all the emotions she bottled up were finally released.

Holding in his arms, Ahad let her cry until she quiets down. He has no excuses to give her and has no words to comfort her. What she might have been through all this time it is unfathomable to him. Even though, his judgment of recusing Moosa overpowered everything but slight guilt of being selfish clung to him all the time. It was his decision to go after Moosa because he doesn't want to regret all his life as he has for Arsalan. It was his past which affected his present and put their future at risk. If something had happened to Ahad it would be Kanwal alone bearing the burden of his resolve. It was probably the most dreadful thing he could ever do to her. All this time he was eaten by guilt and fear of not being able to see her again. But he never spoke of it, nor possesses the strength to accept it before Kanwal or even apologize to her. He now realized how weak he is and the only thing he could do is to embrace all the blames, as well as her suffering.

"Let me go. I have to go to the Main House."

"You don't need to worry now. Everything will be going to be fine. So forget everything."

Kanwal stared at his face for a moment and asked, "Moosa came back?"

"Not to the Main House but Moosa is here, in this city. Tomorrow, when all of his medical procedures will end, I am sure that he will not wait any longer to meet Noor."

"You are not lying to me right?"

He shook his head, "No."

"Ya Allah tera shukar (Thank you, God)." A sigh of relief left her mouth as she thanked God.

"But...Why he needs medical procedures? Is he alright?"

"Yes, he is fine now, but he was severely injured when we find him and because of his condition we were unable to fly back to the country."

"...Means, it didn't take too much time to rescue him?"

"Luckily, it barely took ten days."

"Then why didn't you send a word to us?" She frowned.

"I told you, we were not in our country, nor in a place where we could get any help. The danger was still lingering on our heads and the best course we could take is to be extra cautious." His hand kept caressing her cheek as he explained the situation to Kanwal.

"Still, you should've told us... all of us were so worried."

"I was worried too, a lot." He leaned closer and rested his head on her lap, "I was scared that I might not be able to hold you like this in my arms. I always thought that how will I answer to Allah, if I didn't return safely to you. What would I answer, if I were to ask, why I imposed my decision on you again and again."