Run.

Astrid's time with Keystone was short lived. She left her in the early morning, when no one was supposed to be awake. She didn't feel bad. She wasn't needed, that wolf girl could take care of herself. So that's when she left.

    Glint stayed with her the entire time. She wandered through forests and towns. Sometimes she ran low on food. She had to hunt, and that wasn't much of a problem for her. But... It was so different, hunting without her father...

    She stopped by a stream and went on all fours, her hair curtaining her face. She sucked in a shaky breath, then let out a sob.

   Tears dripped down her sad, broken face. She didn't have a home. She had nothing. No one to keep her company during the dark times. No one to go to when she was sad.

    She let out a pained scream and clutched the grass beneath her hands. "I miss you, dad..." She whispers, "But I know you watch over me... I know you care for me... I just... Wish there was something for me. Just... Something out there. Someone out there." She murmured the last part. She was scared and alone. No one could save her. No one could help her. She was meant to be alone.

   That's when she felt it. A small tug on her heart, a small pain in her stomach. She looked up and wipes her tears with the back of her right hand. She didn't see anything, but felt the tug again. Glint wasn't with her... Where had he gone?

   She stood. It didn't matter. This was her life choice, and she was going to follow this tug, wherever it took her.

    She cocooned into it, shut her eyes, and walked. She didn't stop walking. She just had to keep going. Blisters appeared on her feet and they were painful, but not enough to stop her. Whenever she had a mission, she would complete it. She wouldn't stop. She wouldn't give up. Not after the pain she was put through... She couldn't.

    That's when she started running. She opened her eyes and everything zoned into focus, making her put on a burst of speed. She had never felt so alive, so free. And this was her chance. To savor her freedom, so savor what she had right now. No matter what pain broke her, beat her, stabbed at her. She wouldn't stop. She wouldn't stop for the world.

    The adrenaline pumped through her veins as she leapt over a fallen tree, not stumbling once she landed. She clenched her hands into fists, her movements slick and precise.

    Whenever the tug pulled her, she went to it. She kept running until it turned night, and by then, it was already late. She sank to one knee on the ground, panting heavily. She had never run so much on her life, even though she probably should've. She was in fairly good shape, even with her old eating habits of shoveling food into her mouth.

    "Man, I really wish I had some cake right now..." She muttered to herself. And yeah, she did wish she had some.

    She lied down and looked up at the stars, putting her hands behind her head like a small cradle. She would run the next morning, no matter how sore she was. She had to be strong, she had to be someone who could push through.

    The next morning, she woke up and groaned. Her legs were in pain, but she had to push that aside. "Come on adrenaline..." She muttered with a snort. She stands up, jogging in place for a second before dashing off.

    She zoned in on everything and the adrenaline started to pump after a good half an hour. She felt alive, in pain, but alive. No wonder she had made it so far.

    She used a branch to propel herself forward, landing neatly with precision. She just had to keep going.

    After an hour or two, she reached a grassy plain. She saw something shimmering in the distance... It looked like a barrier. She ran towards it, and jumped on top of a hill. She had passed straight through whatever it was.

    The tug eased, and a sense of warmth grew in her stomach. She hugged herself and gazed through some trees to see cabins placed near each other. She let out a sigh and stumbled through the trees.

   She saw people milling about, laughing and smiling. She shut her eyes happily, and jumped up into a tree. She pulled up her face mask, and sat there.

    She put her face into that of sternness and boredom, surveying the new place.

    "Welcome to Camp HalfBlood." A male voice said behind her. She jumped and spun around, placing a dagger to the speaker's throat. He looked to be innocent, and didn't mean to cause her a scare, so she backed off and slipped her dagger back into her boot.

    "Sorry..." She mumbled and averted her gaze.

   So guys... I dunno if I should end the story here or not. It's been a good run, and even though I'm not the best, I thought I should make a small backstory for my character. However, there WILL BE A NEW BOOK COMING OUT SO YAY. I like the idea of having another book, it'll probably be more exciting, AND MUCH LONGER THAN THIS. Hopefully. Heh. If you don't want me to end this, let me know~ but you know what, it's been nice. Thank you my kitties, and remember, MEOW!

~A-Kind-Of-Sad-Nerd