Chapter 1

"NOOOOOO!!" Mabel yelled from downstairs.

Dipper shot awake and rubbed his eyes. He heard the rain from outside and smelled bacon and pancakes.

Bacon.

Dipper's face went white, "Oh no!" He quickly ran downstairs and slid into the kitchen in his socks. He came to find Mabel and Grunkle Stan having, what looked like, a very angry staring contest. Dipper came up to his sister, "Mabel! What's going on?! Is that-" he pointed to the skillet of bacon.

She didn't answer.

He looked at Stan. "What did you do?"

Still no answer.

Dipper wasn't sure what to do. "Oh man, oh man, oh man!" He was scared and nervous and felt very lightheaded. Before he was about to pass out, someone oinked from behind him and he felt something nudge his leg. Waddles smiled up at him. Dipper let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank goodness." He sat down to pet the pig.

He looked back up at Mabel and Stan, who were still in the midst of a livid staring contest. "Okay, if Stan isn't cooking Waddles for breakfast, what's the real problem?"

Mabel explained through gritted teeth, "Well, I thought Grunkle Stan promised not to eat bacon as long as Waddles was in the house. It's very disrespectful! It will give poor Waddles cannibalistic nightmares!"

Stan straightened up and looked at his nephew, "You can't expect me to go a whole summer and not eat bacon! It'd be like a sin."

Dipper shrugged and placed a hand on Mabel's shoulder. "Would it make you feel better if we ate turkey bacon instead?"

Mabel nodded her head, then pointed sharply at Grunkle Stan, "But I'm still mad at you." Stan just shrugged.

Dipper explained that he'd go pick up some turkey bacon while Mabel sat outside with Waddles under the roofing, while Stan ate the forbidden bacon. Stan gave him some money and vague directions. Luckily, Dipper was already very familiar with the town.

He went upstairs, got dressed, tucked the Book 3 in his vest, grabbed an umbrella and left the shack, secretly regretting he hadn't taken a piece of bacon while he had the chance.