Chapter 2

Dipper walked down the quiet streets of the town with his umbrella up. He didn't mind the rain very much, but the fact that everything seemed vacant and eerily quiet gave him a shiver.

   He passed up an alley way, then stopped with a sudden jolt. He looked down the alley, promising himself that he had seen something. He just shrugged it off and continued to the store.

   Arriving at the store, he realized there was only one cashier. He bought the turkey bacon and left. Dipper knew something was rather odd today, but what? He felt paranoid (even though that wasn't very unusual since coming to Gravity Falls).

   The walk back home seemed longer than the walk there. Not to mention the wind had started to pick up. Dipper held the umbrella in front of him to shield the heavy wind and rain. Suddenly, a big gust of wind lifted his hat off his head and carried it away.

   "No, no, no!" Dipper yelled as he tried to grab his hat, but it was too late. He kept pushing his way back to the shack, but when he passed up the alley way again, he saw his hat, just lying there. He ran to it and tucked it in his jacket, not taking the risk of it flying away again. He stood there for a moment in the alley and looked out on the gray, rainy streets.

   "Hold up." he thought. "If the wind carried my hat away, how did it end up in front of me?!" That paranoia feeling took hold of him and that's when he decided he'd better get home. He took a deep breath before heading back out.

   Once he was back in the blustery weather, a faint call came from the alley way, telling him to, "come again" when he had the chance.