A Wary Beginning

I dithered at the door to my classroom - folding with the hem of my skirt. New school. New life..... 
I just had to start half way through a semester didn't I?
Everyone would of settled, not to mention I was a third year which made everyone pretty much set in their friends. I heaved another sigh, taking a few cleansing breaths before pushing the door open. The class hadn't started and there was loud chatter that dimmed slightly as I entered - people whispered suddenly. I got that a lot.

"Ah, I was told there would be a new student today" the teacher spoke "Araki Eri?"

"Yes, sensei" I said, my voice wavering a little.

"Pleasure, please take a seat over there by Azumane"

"Okay" I bowed slightly, turning my attention to a boy at the back and I felt a small blush crawl on to my face at how attractive he was. His chestnut coloured hair pulled up off his hansom features into a neat bun at the back of his head. He looked a bit older -  he was an actual student?
He smiled slightly shakily at me as I scurried to the back, sliding into the chair next to him as the teacher began to talk. 

I pulled my Maths books out

I pulled my Maths books out. The class was painfully slow but I kept stealing glances at the tall boy next to me. Who was nervously bouncing his leg.

Was I sitting to close and making him uncomfortable? Was it a habit?
As the bell rang I sighed and stood up, Azumane doing the same as we packed our books. I watched him leave, laughing breezily with two other boys from the class and sighed wistfully. Maybe I'll talk to him tomorrow. As I went to leave I felt something under my foot, looking down I noticed a phone with and A carved into the back. I scooped it up, the screen flashing on as I did and I saw a group picture of a lot of boys - recognising Azumane among them I dashed out the room to try catch him as I realised it was his - as I left I noticed him walking down the hall.

"Excuse me..uh.. Azumane-san?" I called politely and he spun round with the other two males. I blushed slightly under their sudden stare but I smiled at him warmly "I think you dropped this" I said, holding the phone to him. His eyes widened a little as I addressed him directly with a smile.

"I, uh, thank you.. Araki, right?" He asked

"Yeah" I nodded

"We'll catch you later, Asahi" his grey haired friend spoke with a kind and polite tone as him and the other dark haired boy walked away.

"Do you mind if I ask where my next class is?" I asked him, having to crane my neck nearly 90° to actually make eye contact with him.

"S-sure" he stumbled, rather cutely, a blush spreading across his cheeks. I pulled my schedule from my bag and handed it to him.

"Oh, English, sure I'm heading in that direction - I can show you" he said quietly but I still caught it.

"Thanks" I beamed at him. Got a hot guy walking me to class on my first day? Not bad going, Eri.
It was a kinda awkward silence as he lead me down a maze of hallways I'd never remember later as I racked my brain for anything to say to fill the deafening silence.