Two Can Keep a Secret

I sighed as I stood at the side of the court, watching Nekoma play Karasuno

I sighed as I stood at the side of the court, watching Nekoma play Karasuno. It was times like these I never knew who to route for. Nekoma were currently in the lead by three points. I found myself kinda smiling but also willing Karasuno to win. Honestly it was exhausting wanting both teams to win. I watched Kuroo most of the game - I was determined to corner him after this - wanting to talk and to apologise. I missed him like hell.

It happened really fast, I frowned as Kuroo jumped to hit a toss Kenma had shot but then didn't hit it, the ball hit the floor and I watched in horror as my best friend crumpled to the ground in a pile of limbs.

"T-Tetsu" I managed before my legs jolted into motion. The players were frozen in horror and confusion about why their opponent or team captain suddenly hit the deck. I dropped to my knees beside Kuroo who was extremely drowsy and confused, his eyes barely focusing as I lifted his head into my lap. My heart was hammering against my chest as people started crowding round him.

"Is he alright?!" Yaku stressed, looking dazed. 

It hit me then.

"His epipen" I whispered "Testu, where is it?! I said, I could feel tears forming in my eyes as he barely focused on me, slipping in and out of consciousness "Kuroo Tetsurou, I swear to god, tell me where it is?"

"Where what is?" I Yamamoto said

"S-side.. po.." Kuroo managed but it was enough. The side pocket of his gym bag.

"Kenma" I said, looking up "where's his gym bag, I need it"

"I-It's in the locker room" Kenma managed and with that Yaku was sprinting towards the locker room "Eri, what's going on? What's wrong with him"

"He'll be fine" I manged, brushing his stupid, messy bangs from his forehead "he didn't want you guys to know" I laughed shrilly "thought you'd worry too much, Testu, you promised me that when i moved schools you'd tell them"

***

FLASH BACK - 2 YEARS

"You're diabetic?" I frowned, swinging back and forth on my feet on the swing next to Kuroo at the park near Nekoma after school one day.

"Yeah - type one. I inherited it apparently" he sighed "I collapsed at the weekend, the doctor said it was hypoglycemia"

"Are you okay?" I stressed

"You worried about me?" he smirked back and I rolled my eyes

"Course I am, shit head" I sighed

"Don't be" he shrugged "if i eat right, exercise and take my insulin I can live a long life as long as I don't get too stressed as well"

"Good, cause my life would suck without you" I grinned, over at him "and when are you ever stressed?"