Roller Skates

I sighed as I brushed at my apron - banging my hand on the side of the coffee machine to make it sludge out black liquid

I sighed as I brushed at my apron - banging my hand on the side of the coffee machine to make it sludge out black liquid. I was working the Saturday shift at the café close to the school, my mother being friends with the owner had hooked me up with a few shifts. They weren't often but it kept money in my pocket. It was also the most ridiculous café - themed like an American 50's dinner where I had to move around the tables on roller skates.

"Table 6 need their order taken" my co-worker Mei spoke to me as she skidded to a stop to my left.

"I'm on it" I nodded as she scooped the coffees I'd just made on to a tray and bustled off. I grabbed my notebook from my apron pocket, not looking up at the table as I addressed them after I'd come to a neat stop by their table.

"Hi, I'm Eri, I'll be your waitress today. What can I get you guy- oh.." I looked up and my eyes met the Karasuno volleyball team.

"Araki-san" spoke the one who's name was Nishinoya with a grin "you work here?"

"I do indeed" I chuckled, my gaze finding it's way to Azumane and I watched his face redden "so what can I get you guys?"

I listened to their very long order, scrawling down what they said messily on to my pad until it got to Azumane.

"I don't really know what to have" he chuckled awkwardly, a thought popped into my head and I leaned over his shoulder as he scanned the menu, tucking a long red hair behind my ear as I did.

"The Vegetable Gyozas are pretty good" I said, my lips pretty close to his ear as I pointed to it on the menu. I could feel the warmth from the blush radiate off him as I stood back upright.

"I, I I'll h-h-have that" he stammered

"You got it" I smiled, scrolling that down as well "I'll be right back with your order"

As I walked away I heard Sugawara chuckle and say "Asahi, you're bright red - are you alright?"

"F-fine" he answered

"Was that your girlfriend Azumane-san?" the young, orange haired boy asked and I smirked as I disappeared into the kitchen to pin up the order. I pulled my phone out briefly to see I had five unread texts from Kuroo and I rolled my eyes. He tended to text his inner monologue and I was the only one who would humour him with responses. I forced myself not to steal glances as I busted a few tables as I waited for their food to cook.

"TABLE SIX ORDER UP" yelled one of the chef's to no one in particular and I went to grab the plates. I'd mastered carrying up to six and a time depending on how big they were but I had to make a couple trips in order to get all their orders out. Making sure Azumane's was last.

"Enjoy your meal" I smiled at the table before skating off.

"You know those guys?" Mei asked as I stopped behind the counter.

"Sorta" I shrugged "they're my schools volleyball team" Mei was just a few months younger than me but went to the highschool on the other side of town.

"The brown haired one's cute" she said, brushing a deep brown curl behind her ear.

"which one?" I asked quickly with a ridiculous pang of jealousy

"The one at the top of the table" she smiled and I breathed a small sigh of relief to see she meant Sawamura. The team slid my mind as I carried on with what was left of my shift as it got busy just over lunch before I got to take off after 2 o clock. I sighed happily as I pulled my jacket on over my work dress, my roller skates dangling by the laces from one of my hands. As I walked out I saw the volleyball team were just leaving too. I tried not to smile as Sugawara gave Azumane a shove in my direction as I headed for the door. What I didn't account for was him hitting me in the shoulder and me losing my balance. He grabbed my waist just before I fell completely and pulled me upwards. I felt all the blood shoot to my face as I found myself pressed into his chest with his arm around my waist. It didn't last long as he jumped away - his face crimson and he spluttered out an apology.

"I'm so s-sorry, Araki, are you o-okay?"

"I'm fine"I chuckled, fixing my pony tail but in all honestly I was a little flustered.

"I'm sorry" he repeated, I studied his face for a moment. He had perfect, slightly tanned skin, his eyelashes strangely long and framed his brown eyes well. His cheeks were flushed a pretty pink and I felt my chest tighten.

"I'll forgive you if you walk me to the train station?" I said boldly

He cracked a smile as his blush deepened "deal" he nodded

"Asahi?" called Sawamura as they left, standing in the door with Sugawara "you comin'?"

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, I'm, uh, gonna walk Araki to the train station"

The two of them exchanged a smirk before nodded, Suagwara speaking "okay, see you at training tomorrow" he smiled kindly "see you, Araki"

"Bye" I gave them a small wave as the bell jingled on their way out.

"You ready to go?" He asked quietly

"Yeah" I smiled and he held the door open for me. I didn't have to duck to fit under his arm as I walked through the door. We walked in what can only be described as an awkward silence for a couple minutes and I panicked as I racked my brain for something to say.

"So do you like Karasuno so far?" He asked and I breathed a sigh of relief

"I like it, I guess" I shrugged honestly "I miss Tokyo"

"I've never been" he said

"Never?!" I raised my eyebrows "you have to, I swear it's the only place you can get Miso soup delivered at 4am"

"Speaking from experience?" He chuckled

"You can't control what you crave that early in the morning" I joked "it's my best friend Kenma favourite thing to eat" I smiled sadly  

"You must miss your friends" he said

"Like hell yeah" I shrugged

"Why did you move - I mean if you don't mind my asking..." He said added awkwardly

"My mum got a new job" I sighed "relocated here"

"Oh, well, if it's any consolation I'm glad I met you" he said, then realised what he'd done and his while face flushed red and I giggled.

"Thanks, Azumane-san" I nodded

"Azumane's fine" he said quietly as we reached the train station and I realised I'd run out of time to ask for his number so I came up with the lamest excuse.

"Hey, I was gonna ask about the homework" I sighed "can I text you?"

"Yeah" he nodded with a smile, digging his phone out and we swapped. I typed my name as my first on a whim - putting Eri :D followed by my number.

"I guess I'll see you on Monday; you're coming to the Nekoma game next week right?"

"If it's not a problem" I smiled

"Course not" he shook his head with a kind smile

"Okay, bye, Azumane" I said, backing towards the train station "thanks for walking me"

"Any time" he smiled sweetly, making my knees go a little weak as I scurried for my train home.