Part 29: Disney

The day after the wedding, we went to mom's house and started the day out as usual. This time, I slept in a little more and Brandon made the three of us some breakfast. I finally woke up around 9:30 and made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I said while walking in with my messy hair.

"How's my beautiful wife doing?"

"I'm great B. How about you? Where's Emily?"

Since we decided for the wedding to take place in San Diego, we took the opportunity to stay there a week more, and moms told us to stay in their house. Our bedrooms were still the same anyways.

"So, don't freak out. Mariana decided to take Emily out shopping..."

"Wait, shopping? She is six months old, what would she be doing on the mall?"

"I'm sure Mariana is taking great care of her. And anyways, I thought you could maybe do something with Jude. You guys haven't hang out for a while."

"Yeah, okay. That's actually a good idea. What are you cooking?"

"Well, I'm making your favourites. Some pancakes."

"Brandon, don't get this wrong, I'm kind of getting tired of pancakes..." I joked.

"How could you get tired of them? I make the best in town!" 

"We eat pancakes every single day! But you are right, you do make the best ones."

"Then this is the most stupid fight in the world."

"Yeah it is." We both laughed.

I ended up eating Brandon's blueberry pancakes without saying any word. I then showered and put some new clothes on. I wanted to put some effort on going out with Jude, so I did a little bit of makeup and finished curling my hair.

"Jude! Are you ready?" I screamed from the bottom of the staircase.

"Coming!"

"That boy lasts longer than I getting ready." I joked to Brandon.

"Well, you look beautiful. Where are you planning on taking him?"

"So, when we were little, Jude always dreamed of going to Disneyland. Of course, moving from house to house, they never allowed us to go. I don't really know if he still wants to, I hoped he would."

"He will, I promise."

"And what are you going to do today, husband? Wow I love saying that." I laughed.

"Don't have much plans really. I thought maybe I could meet up with Mariana later to have some lunch. Haven't seen my little sister in a while. Maybe check in on her."

"You should, actually. I think she's seeing someone."

"I'm ready!" Jude said running down the stairs.

"Well, lets go then. Bye Brandon." I said while kissing him.

"Drive safe!" 

We jumped on the car, and Jude still had no idea of where we were going. He didn't really ask me, and I kind of wanted to leave it as a surprise anyways. An hour into driving, Jude started getting curious.

"So Callie, where are we going?"

"Do you remember the theme park you always wanted to go to?"

"But they wouldn't let us. Yes, I remember."

"Well, I'm taking you there."

"Wait, really?" He asked excited.

"Jude, we are going to Disney!" I shouted.

"Oh my god! Thank you Callie. I love you so much."

"I love you too buddy."

We arrived about an hour later. Nobody knew it, but I kind of had everything planned out for like a week now. When we were little, it was always our dream to come here, and I wanted to make it happen. I had already bought the tickets, so we just gave them at the entrance, had our bags checked, and we were finally able to get in.

"So where do you want to go first?" I asked.

We went from ride to ride until we were really hungry. We stopped to eat something around like 4:00 pm, and I decided to check on my phone. I had 12 missed calls from Brandon, 5 from Stef, and like 20 messages.

Jude was still eating and I had already finished, so I decided to call Brandon.

"Oh my gosh Callie! You finally answered."

"Hey what's wrong? Did something happen?"

"There are some bad news. Nobody has explained to me why, but Lena fainted."

"Wait, is she okay?"

"Apparently, it was more than that. They took here to surgery. I'm here with Jesus, Mariana, Mom and Emily. We still haven't heard anything from the doctors."

"Do you want me to drive back home?"

"Actually, mom thinks it's better for Jude to enjoy the rest of the day. Maybe go on a few more rides, get him some ice cream, and drive home on about 8:00. Stef doesn't want him worried."

"Brandon, but what if she..."

"Lena is going to be fine. If anything gets worse, I'll call you. Please don't tell Jude yet."

"Okay. I love you so much. If you need anything, call me. I'll tell you when we leave."

"I love you too Callie, try to have fun, okay?"

I went back to where Jude was and he had a huge smile on his face. 

"Hey, Callie..."

"What?"

"Do you think we could get some ice cream."

"Of course we can. I actually wanted some!"

After we finished our ice creams, we went on two more rides, and on about 7:30 I told him we should get back in the car.

"Hey Jude, I'm sorry we couldn't stay here to watch the fireworks."

"It's okay. I had an amazing day, so thanks for bringing me."

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

We were half an hour away from home, when I received a text from Brandon. He asked me to come to the hospital and tell Jude.

"Callie, I think this is not the way home. What are we doing in the hospital?"

I parked the car on the hospital's parking lot before I answered. I wanted to stop driving in case things got bad.

"So Jude, Brandon texted me and told me Lena fainted and is currently on surgery."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Stef asked me not to. She wanted you to have a great day. I'm sure she's okay, we came here to give mama some support. Please don't get mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you Callie. Do you think Lena is okay?"

"I promise she will. Do you want to go in?"

He nodded. We asked for directions and were finally able to find our family. The first thing I did was hug Brandon, I didn't want to let him go. All of them had red puffy eyes, and Emily was asleep in Stef's arms.

I finally had the courage to ask "So what happened?"

I'm sorry if this chapter kind of sucks, and I'm sorry for not updating in a few days. I've had a lot in my mind lately. Thank you so much for 3k reads! It seems unbelievable! Well, at least we have The Fosters back on today, I'll update you guys on my feelings about the episode probably tomorrow :)