Part 23: Reasons

We finished painting the room pretty fast since one wall had the closet attached and other wall had a big window. Still, we spent almost the whole day painting, and when we realised, it was already dinner time.

"Hey Cals, can I talk to you about something?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah sure. Tell me."

"So I was thinking, you are already seven months pregnant and I haven't even told my dad we are having a baby. Mom told me he's flying here to visit. Do you mind if he stays here and we take that chance to tell him the news?"

"Of course not. I actually think it's a great idea B. But don't you think it's weird Stef hasn't told him yet?"

"Maybe mom knew the best thing to do was for us to tell him."

"You are right."

I actually wasn't as excited for Mike coming. Don't get me wrong, he's a great person, it's just that I don't feel like he's the biggest shipper of Brandon and I. I feel like he thinks I might get in the way of his son accomplishing his dreams. But that's not true. I would never let him give up his dreams.

"So what are we having for dinner?" I asked changing the topic.

"Can we ask for Chinese or something? I'm not really in the mood of cooking."

"Of course B. Is everything okay?" 

"Yeah, it's just that it has been a long day... with the painting and everything."

"Okay."

"Do you mind ordering food? I'm going to take a quick shower."

"Yeah, I'll do it B."

"Thanks."

There was something odd about Brandon's behaviour. He was never like that with me. I felt like he might be hiding something, and that had me worried. I tried to keep all of those feeling out of my mind and called the closest Chinese restaurant to ask for food.

I sat on the couch waiting for the order when I heard something. It seemed like someone had been crying, and I thought it might be Brandon hiding it with the shower. I decided to knock the door and see if he was okay.

"Hey B, you okay?"

There was no answer.

"Brandon!"

Again no answer.

"You know what? I'm coming in!"

When I got in, I saw Brandon sitting on the floor of the shower crying nonstop. He looked really hurt, and wouldn't answer me. I turned the water off, got him a towel, and helped him get out.

"B, what's wrong?"

He didn't even answer, he just cried in my arms.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"The reason my dad hasn't been really involved in our life is because... Um well, mom told me he started drinking again. She told me she found him trying to hurt himself like a month ago."

"B I'm so sorry."

"I don't know why he would try to do that."

Brandon wouldn't stop crying, and I held him in my arms resting our backs in the walls of the bathroom. I had no idea of how to make him feel better.

"And why didn't mom tell you before? We could've visited him."

"Because she is selfish as hell." Brandon said with anger in his eyes.

"Brandon..."

"No, I mean it. What if something had happened to him? Mom would've just kept it a secret."

"Is that why he's coming?" I asked "He wants to see you?"

"Apparently yes. Lena said he's a lot better now. I hope that at least he doesn't ruin anything between us."

"Hey, nothing bad is going to happen, I promise. I'm here with you, and we'll go through it together."

That's when we heard a knock on the door, so I went to pay and pick up our food. 

"Are you still in the mood for food?"

Brandon nodded. We sat around the table trying to have a nice dinner. Brandon wasn't eating much though, he was just playing with his food. 

"So when is Mike coming?" I asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Are you sure you are okay?"

"Yep."

"Do you want to talk about something?"

"Nop."

Brandon couldn't have been more distanced through that whole night. But I tried to understand him, it was just really hard. I tried to be there with him and make him feel better, but he just locked me out. I've never felt more lonely. Brandon was here besides me, but yet it was like if he wasn't even there.

"B, is there something else going on? You haven't said a word to me since I saw you in the bathroom."

He sighed "Thinking of my dad doing that made me think of when I tried to do that, and why."

"B, that was like a year ago. It was just a little slip, everything is fine."

"No Callie, you don't understand. I tried to hurt myself because I thought nothing would work out."

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought you and I were never going to be together, and it hurt like hell!"

"Brandon you shouldn't have..."

"Callie, I never thought I would get to love someone as much as I love you. Not having you and not being able to be with you would have killed me."

"Don't ever do that to me again." I said while holding him in my arms.

I'm sorry, I know I'm not as creative right now. Honestly, I just finished watching "Me Before You" and now I'm crying so much, thinking about "Brallie" would hurt even worse. Also, I want to know what you thought of the last episode of "The Fosters". Not to be rude, but I thought it was pretty boring. I feel like they started which two amazing first episodes and then just came rolling down with the creativity.