Part 34: True Love

The next morning, Brandon and I got up early in hopes to talk to Mariana. She had slept in the couch, and almost twelve hours later she had trouble waking up. I tried to stay calm, but I was really mad. Not only at Mariana, but at me in some way.

"How are you feeling?" Brandon asked me.

We were both siting in our bed accompanied by Emily. We had spent the last two hours searching for something to watch on TV while waiting for our sister to wake up.

"Awful." I said "I'm trying not to get mad at her so we'll be able to hear her explanation, but she made this whole thing happen. I was basically abused by a guy because of her."

"Callie, I know you are mad, but she is your sister. Believe me, I wish we could turn back time and I could tell you not to go. Or at least I wish I would've been there to protect you. Yet, I wasn't."

"Brandon, it wasn't your fault. I know you always try to save me, but..."

"Callie!" Mariana yelled from the living room, interrupting me.

Brandon and I glanced at each other. He was holding Emily on one side, and he took my hand in his free one. It made me feel safe. He makes me feel safe.

"So Mariana, can you please tell me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Callie. I shouldn't have taken you there, and I shouldn't have let you alone."

"Well, sadly you can't change the past. Who was the guy you said you hooked up with?"

"What?" She asked confused "I promise, nothing happened. Yes, I got drunk, but that was all."

Mariana looked really uncomfortable. I could tell she was sorry, but I also knew she was lying about something. I was hoping Brandon would unexpectedly get out of the room, so I could talk to her. I tried to secretly glance at Brandon, hoping he would understand.

"Oh no!" Brandon said "I'll be back in a sec. I have to change Emily's diapers."

"Thank you!" I said "So, what really happen?"

"Callie, please don't tell Brandon. He's going to be really pissed at me otherwise. So, I did hook up with someone. I just don't know who it was..."

"What?!"

Mariana started crying "I feel horrible Callie. I've been hooking up with random dudes since Mat left. I just don't feel like I'm ever going to find the one for me."

"Oh Mariana, don't say that. You'll find someone perfect for you one day."

"I don't think so. And seeing you with Brandon, it reminded me of everything I don't have."

"Look Mariana, don't waste your time with random dudes who don't matter. You'll know when you find him. Ever since I met Brandon, I knew it. Every time I felt sad, happy, or excited about something, he was the first and only person I wanted to talk to. Every time I hugged him, I felt safe and happy. I always felt those butterflies every time I saw him or we spoke. Before that, I never knew you could like someone as much. I thought I had experienced love, and I was so wrong."

"You'll think about him every single day." Brandon interrupted me "Every time you see that person is feeling bad, you'll want to change that. You'll miss him every day you can't be with him, and you'll get excited just for knowing his there. Don't waste time on those dudes Mariana."

I realized at that point that Brandon had been listening to us all this time. And just as I had said, he walking in the room gave me those butterflies. It made me be happy. I could just stare in to his beautiful eyes and get lost. For me, only those eyes shine and I can see the hope in them. And that's how I knew I was in love. That's why I've always known.

"Thank you so much for helping me guys." Mariana said wiping some tears away "You are definitely perfect for each other. I guess I should leave soon."

"You know you can stay here, right? You don't have to leave, we'll help you."

Mariana settled in the living room, and I went back to my room to find Brandon playing with Emily.

"I know what you mean." He said.

"About what?"

"The butterflies. I've only felt them when I'm with you. Not any girl before made me feel as happy as you do."

"I love you Brandon Foster."

"I love you too Callie."

Around 7:00pm the four of us sat around the table ready for some dinner. Brandon had spent some time cooking us pasta, and I had already finished feeding Emily.

"So how's Lena?" I asked Mariana.

"She's okay. Healthy, thankfully. She's just been a little bit down and sad. She'll get better tho."

I smiled. "Why is the chef taking so long?" I joked.

"Hey, it's going to be worth it. I promise."

We started eating and shared stories about the last few months. She was filling in some details, while we filled her in on others. She also talked to us about Jude, which made me so happy. Almost when we were about to finish dinner, something went off with Mariana.

"Hey Mari, you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I think I just..."

She wasn't able to finish her sentence. She just ran to the bathroom and started throwing up. Brandon and I glanced at each other while I took Emily and we went to see what had happened to Mariana.

"Was my pasta so bad?" Brandon joked and I stared at him kind of mad.

Hi guys! So, I know it's a little bit late, but what did you think of Monday's episode? I want to know :)