Chapter 24

We woke up early morning and took the bus to the airport. We arrived around 12 to the airport and took the 3 hour flight back to Georgia. Around 3:30ish we landed and Joel was there to pick us up.

"Welcome back guys." He hugged Jaime and them hugged me. "Joel tell me how are they?"

"They are doing fine.. Right now we are taking turns to stay with them, do y'all want to go now or later?"

"Now please." He nodded and drove us to the hospital. I was so nervous to see them both. Desiy had become like my best friend and Erick had won a place in my heart.

We got to the hospital and Joel took us to the rooms where they were at. "Go ahead Ariel... I will wait here for you." I nodded and went in. There I saw Erick with band aids in his head, arms, legs. I wanted to cry because it hurt seeing him there in that bed, he looked so weak.

I sat down next to him, he was sleeping. I grabbed his hand and he opened his eyes. "A-ariel?"

"Hey Erick." His facial expression changed from surprised to angry. "Get out please! Leave me alone!"

I was shocked at his reaction. "Erick whata wrong?"

"You left me... Thats why I am here.. You didn't even text me where you went!!"

"Erick you don't understand.. I didn't leave you.. Let me explain."

"Ariel.. I hurt Deisy for your fault!"

"I know.. I know.. Erick you shouldn't had worried about me because what Im going through is for your own safety."

"Ari please make me understand whats going on."

He had tears in his eyes and so did I. I wasn't sure if I could tell him but I didn't want him to think I did leave him. "Erick okay.. I guess I could tell you.. Uh what happened was that.."

"Nothing happened." Jaime came in and interrupted us. "What are you doing!"

"Trying to keep you safe."

"Jaime please get out.. Let her talk."

"No! Leave me alone.. Get out."

"Im trying to help you."

"I don't want your help right now." I was mad at him and he walked out with an angry look on his face. "Erick look its difficult to tell you because it hurts me a lot."

"Please Ariel tell me.. I just wand to understand your decision better."

I went to sit next to him and he held my hand. I told him everything that happened and he was very supportive.

"Ariel.. Im sorry I misjudged you."

"Its fine.. Don't worry, I have to go see Deisy but I promise I will come see you tomorrow." He nodded and I gave him a kiss on the forehead.

I went to see Deisy but it was too late and visiting hours were over. I told her I would come early tomorrow and went out to call a taxi. I figured Jaime left and would be too mad to see me.

I was about to call the taxi service number when I heard my name. "Jaime?"

"What are you doing? Who were you calling?"

"I thought you had left already."

"I was waiting for you, are you ready to go?" I nodded and we walked over to his car, we got in and drove off. "Ariel.. I want to apologize for what happened earlier."

"Its fine just let it go." We stayed silent for a while until he asked me a question. "Are we going to your apartment or to mine?"

"Yours... It would feel weird without Deisy there." He nodded and drove to his apartment. Few minutes later we arrived and went up. I went straight to my room, washed my teeth and changed into my pajamas. I closed my door and tucked in my sheets. It was barely 9 but I was very tired.

I heard the door open and close and soon I felt Jaime next to me. "Are you okay Ari?"

"I don't feel safe anymore.. Shawn could be anywhere and is capable of doing horrible things."

"Calm down... Im here to keep you safe and I promise that I won't let him hurt you."

"Thank you Jaime for everything, I really appreciate it."

"No thank you for understanding me and helping me out.. At first I was a jerk because I didn't want to admit that I really needed help but now I've learned to accept reality."

"Thats good Jaime, Im glad you see it that way."

"Ariel I have a question for you."

"Okay, I might have an answer."

"I want you to answer with the truth and be honest please." I nodded my head and sat up. "Do you still love Shawn."

His question took me out of surprise even though it wasn't the first time he asked  me this. I stayed silent for a minute because even I didn't know the answer.

"Ariel answer me please."

"Jaime why do you ask me this knowing its a touchy subject... Ugh I don't know Jaime, I lived so much with him.. He was everything to me and then it all changed."

He didn't tell me anything, I didn't exactly answer his question and without thought it came out. "Do you still love Mia?"

He looked at me and I could see hurt and disappointment in his eyes. "Im so sorry, I didn't mean to."

"No don't apologize, just like you Mia was my world and everything changed without a warning and my heart doesn't know what to feel."

I looked at my hands and Jaime grabbed on to me. "Ariel I must confess that I have caught feelings for you."

I looked at him and tried to process what he was telling me. "Jaime.. I.. Umm.. I.."

"Its okay if you don't feel the same way.. I just had to tell you what I was feeling." I nodded and cuddled into his arms. "Good night Jaime."

"Good night Ariel." Tomorrow I have a lot of things to do and I needed to rest. Jaime's confession was something thaT made me feel.. Umm.. Loved?

*READ BELOW:
IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED..  I was quite busy helping with my cousins wedding which was yesterday but know that im back on track lets get Hired Girlfriend to 2K reads!!!
QOTD: Do you think Jaime might still love Mia?

Don't forget to vote and comment!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter..*