Chapter 9

A/N: Remember to keep commenting and voting! I need help to decide what to write next :) Also, the facts about weeping angels in this chapter are not true - like chapter 8 ;)

KABOOM. The Doctor turned around to find Phil sprawled on the floor with his hands covering his face.
'I didn't trust myself to not look at them,' Phil explained. The Doctor couldn't help but laugh. 'Is that Clara then?' Asked Phil. The Doctor nodded.
'I can't think of a way of freeing her without getting killed by the Daleks. I need to distract them somehow but I can't do that by myself.'
'I could help.' Phil volunteered. 'I could distract the Daleks while you free Clara as they are less likely to kill me immediately. BUT. You need to do me a favour in return, with the help of Clara. You must help me find Dan.'
'Okey dokey! Here's the plan...' He explained to Phil what they were going to and after a few minutes the Doctor said, 'Got it?'
'Absolutely,' Phil replied.
'Geronimoooooo!!'

Panting, Kirito and Asuna surveyed the damage. Scraps of angel heads were scattered everywhere. Their vision focused on Dan's weeping angel, which had not moved since it had formed. Asuna glanced at Kirito, who looked back at her and gave her sympathetic smile. But she continued looking at him and looked at him as if she was expecting something else.
"What? Stop staring at me; you're creeping me out!'
'Well? Are you gonna save him or not?' He continued to look at her, puzzled. Then he finally understood.
'Yes! Yes of course, sorry.' He apologised. They ran over to Dan's angel.
'So how do cure an angel?' Asked Asuna.
'You know how an angel is a chrysalis formed around a human?'
'Yeah.'
'Well I was thinking that if we could melt the chrysalis away, then Dan will be there unconscious, unharmed but unconscious.'
'How are we supposed to melt it? We don't have fire or acid.'
'Well I was also thinking that I could cut it off. If I don't cut too deep, that is.'
'But that's too risky! There must be another way!' Asuna cried, tears running down her cheeks.
'It's a chance.' She gulped and just nodded.
'Let's get to it then.' She said, tears forming in her eyes.

His breathing was shaky. His whole body was shaking. But he had to do it; if he wanted to get Dan back, he would have to do it.
'Hey! Over here!' Phil called. All of the Daleks turned their heads and stared in his direction.
'EXTERMINATE.' The Daleks fired simultaneously and Phil was too clumsy to move out of the way of fire. He tripped over and his body turned into a skeleton bathed in blue light. The Doctor was oblivious of the murder behind him because he was trying to free Clara. He held his sonic screwdriver up to her chains and they instantly broke.
'Doctor!' Clara said, relieved to see him again. They hugged and out of the corner of her eye Clara saw a body light up in blue and fall limply. 'Doctor... who was that?'
'Who was wha-' the Doctor stopped mid-sentence as he saw Phil's lifeless body on the floor. 'Phil! No!' The Doctor rushed to his side and knelt on the floor. He could feel his hot, angry tears falling down his cheeks. 'Why? WHY?!!' He shouted, 'Why do I put myself in these situations?!' He was getting angry now.
'Doctor calm down.'
'No I can't calm down! I just got an innocent, and apparently famous, man killed! Dan is going to be devastated - oh my god Dan! We need to get to the TARDIS now. Like right now.' The Doctor told Clara and dragged her along to the TARDIS.