Chapter 3

-Areum's pov-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I forgot why I set my alarm for. We don't have school, but this is a campus for relaxation. I got up anyways. I made my way to the bathroom. I looked at myself and saw a huge bump on my forehead.

"Oh shit!" I said out loud. I remember, I have a meet up with Woozi today! I quickly did my morning routine then decided to wear something lazy. I put on an over-sized sweater and leggings. I wore my white shoes and put my in a messy bun. I applied little eyeliner then left the dorm.

I ran back inside the dorm to get my phone. "Can't forget this." I told myself. I picked up my purse too, then continued running to the library.

When I entered the cold air hit me. I calmed my breathing and walked in. I searched for Woozi, but he was no where to be seen. I decided to put my things down before searching for books.

As soon as I found a seat, Woozi burst through the door. We made eye contact and laughed. His hair was messed up and he had a shirt that said, "Grown Man" on it. He made his way to me. He stood in front of me, and I fixed his hair a bit.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded while putting his things down.

I went one way and he followed. We were having troubles searching for the books.

"Woozi? Areum?" A voice called us.

We both turned to see a man. I looked over at Woozi and he did the same. Woozi game me a confused look, so it obviously meant we didn't know who this person was. But somehow he knew who we were.

"Who are you?" We asked in unison.

"You two are the ones I've been looking for. You are the two that are going to summon Padma!" He half shouted.

"I don't know what you're talking about sir...we're going to leave now." Woozi told the man.

"I've been searching far and wide for you two. You cannot just leave! Come with me or else!" He started shouting.

"Run." Woozi whispered to me while grabbing my hand and running with it. I followed after because I was scared. We quickly grabbed our things then ran out of the library.

We didn't stop running until we reached the dorms again. I released my hand and took deep breaths. We stood there panting for the longest time.

"Let's just go to my room. And tell me what you know." I looked over to him.

He nodded then we made our way to my room. "My roommate is going to be out for a while, so we don't have to worry." I told him.

I opened the door and we both entered. I got us some water bottles while he looked around. I came out of the kitchen and he was looking at something on my bed.

"Areum, where did you get this book?" He asked.

I walked over to him and looked down at the book; that was laying on my bed. It was an old book. It had a dragon on the brown covered book. The dragon was engraved in the cover. I ran my fingers across the book.

"I've never seen this book." I answered him.

"Let's open it." He suggested.

I nodded and he grabbed the book. He placed it on the floor then slowly opened it. The first page was yellow and crinkled.

"The brace men did not kill dragons. The brave men rode them."

He read out loud. "What?" I asked. "That's what it says." He replied. "I know, but what does it mean?" I asked. "How would I know?" He asked.

I turned the page and it showed us pictures. A picture of dragons. They were all trapped in a cage. There was a man who was watching them. I took a closer look and saw the CEO of this place.

"Woozi! Look at the man! He's the CEO!" I shook his arm.

"I thought he looked like the crazy man we saw earlier. Did you know who he was?" He asked me.

"I didn't know who he was. How'd he know us? And what did he mean by 'searching far and wide for us'?" I asked.

"We need answers Areum. We need them now." Woozi told me.

"Tell me about you first. What do you know?" I asked.

He took a deep breath. "I'm the owner of Padma. He was given to me when I was young. I'm sure those people told you about that man who saved Padma. Yeah, he was my father. Before I met you, he was my guide. I don't tell anyone about me carrying Padma cause it's too dangerous. Like the man we saw in the library. If anyone finds out I'm the owner, I'm gone. People would kill to have possession of this dragon. He's supposed to hatch soon, but I don't know when. My father said I will know when the time is right. He said that to find you. They say that the owner will come to you. Then my father visited me and told me the necklace will find you. It lead me to you that first day. That's the real reason I was behind you that day. My father told me that he wouldn't be able to talk to me anymore. He said that you and I have to find it ourselves now. I need you." He confessed.

"Woozi, I'll stay by your side. I promise I won't leave you. You've been through a lot, I don't want to hurt you anytime soon. So basically we're going to need each other." I assured him.

Soon the book started shaking. Both of us looked at each other then the book. The last thing I saw was Woozi reaching out for my hand. Then I blacked out.