Part 14: The Date

After playing in the water a little while longer you and josh go sit on the towel josh had laid out. he opens up the picnic basket and pulls out some sandwiches

" a turkey sandwhich on white bread with only mayo for the pretty lady" he says passing you your sandwhich.

"Thank you" he got it right. you don't like any toppings except mayo. how did he know?

"And a chicken sandwhich on wheat bread with everything on it for the man with the pretty lady." he says eating his sandwhich.

"This is a perfect date, thank you." you say

"Any thing for my girl"

"So what else are we gonna do today?"

"Well there is a shack up there that you can rent some beach stuff like sand toys or surf boards"

"Ooo can we go surfing?" you ask him

"Ummm... Well...."

"Josh what's wrong?"

"Nothing it's just that--"

"--you can't surf. can you?"

"No I cant"

"Is it the anchor holding you down?" you say pointing to his tatoo

"No I just never learned"

"Well then I guess I'll have to teach you"

"No"

"I will reward you with kisses"

"Ok! what's first miss Rioux?"

"We need a board"

"Ok let's go"

~

Once you have your board you set it in the sand.

"Ok lay down on the board" he does "now paddle just like a freestyle" he does "good now when you try and catch a wave you want to paddle hard. really cup your hands and dig into the water."

"What's next" he says

"Standing. first you press on the board with both hands and slid to your knees. then you slowly stand up while remaining balanced. give it a try." he does

"Perfect you were born to do this. wanna try it out in the water?"

"Can I see you try it first?"

"Sure, how bout you sit on the board and paddle for me"

He carries the board to the water he lays down on the board while you push the board out. once your far enough out you hop on the board. you sees good sized wave so you paddle and turn the board facing the beach

"When I say go. you start paddling ok josh?"

"Ok"

"3...2...1...go!"

You paddle and josh paddles once your in the wave you stand up.

"Josh carefully stand up. if you can without flipping i'll kiss you" he starts standing slowly and finally he is on his feet!

"Yyyeeaaahhhhh!!!" he shouts you cheer with him. once the wave died you jump off making josh fall too.

"You did it babe!" you shout

"It was all thanks to my wonderful teacher" he cups your face and pecks your lips.

~

You guys surf for a little while longer and it's about 3.

"Josh can we go lie down?" you ask him because your completely wiped out

"Of course babe" he says "I'll go return the board." you walk toward the beach you wrap your towel around you and dry off while josh returns the board. You sit on the blanket and move over to grab your phone. A sharp pain in your hip appears suddenly. It feels like a 1,000 knifes stabbing you. You wince in pain toppling over holding your side.

"Babe!" josh yells running toward you "babe what's wrong?"

The pain went away

"Oh nothing just a side cramp" you say not wanting for him to ask you more questions.

"Ok." he says

"Come cuddle with me" you demand

He lays down and you place your head on his chest. You intertwine your fingers. Your about to fall asleep. but you say.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you"