10

(Flashback) 

      "It's our last year in college Salem. We're grown now!" Reese screamed as we entered into our new penthouse apartment.

      There was no possible way I was going to get any other roommate other than Reese. Over the past four years, we have been through literally everything together. No matter how big my name got or how much money I had rolling in, she still stayed the same.

      "Okay Salem Starr, It has been long enough. It's time for you to get off the single bus and join the couple's cruise." Reese said as she went through my closet. After finding what she was looking for, she slung it over her shoulder and waited for me to move.

      "Reese everybody can't be like you and Jay. What if I'm perfectly happy with being single? Ever thought about that?" I asked playfully, both of us knowing that I am a sucker for a good relationship.

      She smiled and hit me with a nearby pillow. "Yea, whatever. We're going out with Judy and Monica. You got an hour and thirty minutes to get yourself together and be ready to go," Reese demanded with her arms folded. I smiled and rolled off the bed much to her approval. "Yes ma'am," I responded with a mock salute. Reese smiled and walked out of the room. I love that girl to death.

      You know, you never pay attention to how much time it takes you to get ready until you have a time limit. "O.M.G Salem, I know it does not take that long to get ready dang! Hurry up!" Reese screamed from outside my door.

      "Shut up! You can't rush perfection!" I scream back at her as I put on my mascara. I already had on my strapless, knee length, blush dress. My hair was bone straight and I had my strappy black pumps waiting by the door. All I needed to do was finish my makeup and head out the door. 

      She burst through the door in frustration. "Starr it takes you two hours to get ready, really?" I stopped what I was doing and glanced in her direction. She was fully dressed in a red and black lace knee length dress with black peep toe heels. Of course being the fabulous glamour goddess that she is, her make-up was beyond flawless. Her waist length black and burgundy braids were pulled into a beautiful top bun with gold jewelry to accent it.

      "Well if you would have come to help me when I asked you to, then we wouldn't be having this problem now would we?" I said in response. 

        "Well I got dressed and ready in hour thank you very much!" Reese stated with crossed arms.

      "You have braids and I don't. Simple as that." I said back.

      We were both quiet for a while as I continued to get ready. "Ugh just stop! You're really killing me with the way you're doing your make-up. At this rate we will never leave." Reese rolled her eyes as she spoke. I squinted my eyes as her in response. I thought I was doing a pretty good job, but apparently I was wrong. Reese let out a sigh and walked over to my rescue. Within 15 minutes we were out of the door and on our way to have the time of our lives.

*****

      "Starr, when was the last time you went on a date?" Judy asked from the backseat.

       I paused for a moment. "Umm maybe a month ago," I answered.

      "That's not that bad. How many dates have you been on since that big blow up with Chase?" Monica questioned.

      Oh Lord, I knew exactly where this is going. They are always trying to play match maker. "I don't know Monica, maybe 5." I responded in annoyance.