I walked to the hostess's desk and greeted her with a smile. "Welcome to Café Ponte, do you have a reservation or are you a party of one?"

      I looked around her searching for my target. Once I saw exactly who I was looking for, I responded, "Neither, I am actually meeting someone thank you."

      I walked from the hostess station and marched straight to Chase's table. I picked up two menus from a vacant table on my way over. "Are you two ready to place your orders?" I asked with a polite smile.

      "Actually someone just came by to take them, thank you," the girl responded, both of them not breaking their attention to each other or the flow of their conversation.

"No flowers for this special occasion Chase?" I asked looking at the two of them.

"How do you know my... "He finally looked up.

      "Hi Chase, I suppose your mom didn't need that much help today." I stated trying to be as calm as I possibly could.   

"Chase why is Salem here asking you about your mom?" the girl asked.

      "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I caught your name and you are?" I asked trying to not let the sarcasm seep into my words. I my temper was about as leveled as a ship in the middle of a storm right now.

      "Salem, it's me Lyric," she said with a smile. I suppose from the confused look on my face she decided to continue. "From psych study group."

      That was when the bells rung in my head. I remember seeing her there, but because she was quiet, I never paid her much attention. I guess I should have known there was something going on from the way he always was the first to come to her aid when she asked for help. I looked at Chase with the look of pure disgust. "You want to explain to me what's going on here Chase?" I asked getting a little impatient.

      "I guess your eyes don't work that well because it's clear I'm having dinner with Lyric," he responded like I was the one in the wrong. I looked at him with utter disbelief.

       "Oh so now you can go and have dinner with other females and lie to me about where you are? Chase, don't play me, especially not in front of your little friend." I responded trying to not lose my cool, but he was really pushing it.

       "Um, Chase what's going on and why is Salem talking to you like that? You didn't tell her did you?" Lyric asked shaking her head in disbelief.   

      Chase rolled his eyes, but I couldn't tell if it was towards me or Lyric. "Salem chill out, I told you where I was but you decided you didn't trust me and showed up here. You are really starting to make a scene in this fine establishment and you know I hate being embarrassed. "Chase responded through gritted teeth as he looked at me.

      He then looked at Lyric with what I suspected to be pleading eyes. "Baby, I'm sorry. I don't know why she is here."

      At that point I completely lost it. "Baby? Why are you calling her baby? I know you don't think you can talk to me like I'm some random fluzzie you picked up from the street. I don't know what little miss songbird over here has put in your empty little head, but you better get it together real fast!" I screamed not caring who could hear me.

      "So you haven't told her yet? Chase we can't move forward until you.... hold on here, did she just call me out my name? Chase, you better get her before I do!" Lyric responded looking like she was going to do something. I dare her to jump out of her seat.

      "And what are you going to do if he doesn't ? Not a thing, so stay your little ditsy behind in that seat like the cute little rag doll you are, thanks. Chase! I'm not going to ask you anymore!" I screamed.

     "Salem if you don't lower your voice in the restaurant!" Chase said as he stood up from his seat. I could see his temper starting to rise. "You are ruining my dinner and looking like a complete idiot. You need to leave, Now!" He said.

      "I couldn't care less about your little dinner! Why are you here with her instead of being with me? Why have you been lying to me? What is going on with us Chase?" I asked trying not to let my emotions slip. From the look on his face, I could tell he was fed up with my antics.

"Since you want to be all in my business Salem, let me break it down to you. This is Lyric."

      "His fiance," she finished for him showing off her ring. I didn't notice it before, but I don't see how I missed it. She had a 3 karat diamond sitting beautifully on her finger.

      "We are here for dinner putting the finally touches on plans for our wedding, which is next Saturday," he added smiling at Lyric.

"Are you going to tell her the rest babe?" Lyric asked politely.

"Oh, there is one more thing, she's pregnant." Chase added with a smirk.  

****************************************************************************