Chapter 5: If you can hear us, we're sorry

Jesse's Pov:

Me and Jess walked for days on our trip to solve our problem with the enemy. We found a cave not to long ago and we decided to rest for the night. I collected some wood and apples for tonight. We used the wood for the fire and we ate the apples so we can have energy tomorrow to continue. Jess was laying down on the hard ground peacefully while I was awake looking at the stars. I feel like if I haven't left the temple and I was at the window looking at the stars. I really wish we didn't have to leave that way we can be with our friends. But things don't always go your way. I then heard groaning.

"Mmh...Jesse?"

I turn to face my sister awake on the ground.

"Go to sleep sis. You need to rest. We still have a long way to go." 

Jess sits up and stares at me with her tired eyes.

"You should too." She yawned.

I sighed. "I know."

"Thinking about them?" She asks me as I nod.

"I do, I can't stop thinking about what we did days ago. I wonder if there not even looking for us." I said as I sighed again.

"We won't know Jesse, after all we did this to protect them. Goodnight." She said as she laid down again.

"Goodnight Jess."

When Jess fell asleep again I looked at the sky full of stars. I managed to crack a sad smile and laid down. I yawned and finally fell asleep. But before I did, I sighed and whispered this.

"Guys, if you can hear me, we're sorry."

A/N: Sorry if it's short. So this is kinda of a review on what's happening with the twins. Lets see how the rest of the group goes.