Chapter 9: I'm sorry

Petra's Pov:

"You think?! 

I woke up when I heard Jesse's yelling. I quickly went outside and hid behind the hut.

"I told them not to follow in the note to not follow us and they did it anyway. They will die and we can't afford that. We lost so many people we love and if they die because of me then I must as well face the truth and kill myself!"

I had never saw Jesse this mad before, he's always calm and gentle. I guess this was something serious that made him mad.

I saw Jesse give a guilty look on his face and embrace Jess on a hug. I saw Jess hug back as I heard light sobs. Jesse was sliding his hand up and down his sister's back.

"I-i'm sorry Jess. I didn't mean to shout at you, i'm just angry and frustrated for what happened. I didn't mean to push my anger on you. Will you forgive me?"

I watched as Jesse and Jess had there comforting moments. After a short delay Jess looked at him and I heard the words "I forgive you." Jesse smiled and pulled Jess for another hug.

"Thanks Jess."

I watched as they pulled away with smiles in their faces.

"You still need to rest and eat though."

I saw Jesse turn around and said "I will go inside when I feel like it."

I saw Jess frown and went closer to him and put her hand on his shoulder. He still didn't turned around.

"Don't worry Jesse. We will Protect them." She smiled as he smiled back.

"Yes. We will protect them no matter what, even if it means death."

I stood there in shook. Were Jesse and Jess planing to die to protect us?

"Agreed. Come inside soon Jesse."

I watched as Jess came back to the hut, luckily she didn't see me. When she went back inside I went to Jesse. I putted my arms around his waist and buried my head on his back.

"Hey Petra. What's up?"  I heard him ask.

I look up and saw his shinning emerald eyes. I let go of him and he turns the rest of his body to face me.

"Is it true?" I asked quietly. He gave me a confused look.

"What?"

"That you and Jess will die to protect us?"

He froze and looked at me with a shock look. 

"Uh..."

I began to let tears fall and I hugged him, tight. I buried my head on his chest as my tear became wild. I hated crying, because i'm tough and I want to show that i'm strong. But Jesse is making me feel emotions I never had for a while. Crying was one of them.

"W-whoa." He was surprised I did this. But I felt him hug back and felt his hand rubbing my back for comfort.

He sighed. "Yes Petra, I will die to protect you and our friends" he truthfully said. 

I looked up at him and stared at his emerald eyes while he stared at my wet chocolate eyes. He gave me his warm smile and held my chin with his hand.

"Petra, i'm doing this for you because you mean everything to me. I lost my parents, I lost Reuben and if I lost you and the others, I don't know what i'll do. You, my sister and everyone else are my remaining family."

I stared at him with a surprised look.

"F-family?"

He kept smiling as he kissed my forehead. "Yes family. We may not be related except maybe my sister, but I see you guys as a family. By the way sorry for snapping at you guys earlier. I was being a total jerk back there."

"It's fine Jesse. I'm sorry I didn't follow your command on not following you. It's just that we were worried about you."

He smiled at me. "Hey no need to apologize, I was the one who pushed my anger at you. None of you guys deserved that. Especially you, my beloved it warrior."

I began to let tears fall again, but not tears of sadness...tears of joy. I let a small smile come on my face. Me and Jesse lean our faces in until our lips sealed each other. Jesse is someone I trust and love. If I lost him then I don't know what i'll do to myself. The shining moon and the shining stars surrounding us while we shared our kiss was like a dream come true.

We eventually pulled back but we were still close with a trail of saliva on our lips. Jesse smiled and scooped me up.

"Come on, lets get some rest. We have a long journey to complete." He walked us back to the shelter.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. I then remembered something.

"Hey Jesse?"

"Hmm?"

Why didn't you want us to go with you and Jess?"

He looked at me with a nervous look. "I-i'll tell you  later."

I smiled and we went inside the hut. Jesse laid me down on the ground while he sat down next to me. I jumped on top of him making me rest my head on his chest. He was surprised by that but he held me closer.

"Goodnight Petra."

"Goodnight Jesse."

I enjoyed Jesse's warmth and I fell asleep in his arms.

A/N: Ok then, seems like thing are starting to get will. Now see what happens next. See you guys later.