Chapter 7: We are a team, we do this together no matter what

Jesse's Pov:

Me and Jess woke up from the hard ground and continued our way. We had some left over apples from last night so we ate them to get our energy high. Anyway we were walking for hours with out any rest. I wish we could had brought the horses, but we need to this on foot. I look at Jess. She's tired and hungry, so am I. I guess we could find some food and rest.

"Jess?" She looks at me.

"Yes Jesse?"

"Lets take a break and find food."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, you need more energy more than me."

"No Jesse I don't need the extra energy, i'll be fine." I shook my head and stopped. She stopped to and looked at me. I made her sit down near a tree and smiled.

"I don't care what you say. You are my sister and I will do everything I can to help you."

She sighed in defeat and smiled. "Fine. You win, but you rest up too."

"I will, once I find some apples." I smiled and went to punch a tree.

...

It took me a while but I manage to find some apples for Jess. I don't need any food, I will be fine.

"Jesse you need to eat too." She said as she handed me an apple, I shook my head and pushed it back on her hand.

"I'm fine Jess. You need the energy."

Jess shook her head and give me the apple again.

"You need the energy too Jesse, not just me."

I sighed in defeat and started to eat the apple. We rested for a while and then we continued our way. Things were going well, for now.

"JESS, JESSE!!"

Me and Jess froze and turned around. We saw our friends on horses. We thought we told them not to follow us.. Petra got of her horse and ran to hug me. Before I could react she looked at me and slapped me hard on my cheek.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I asked as I rubbed my cheek

Petra's Pov:

Me and the group woke up and left the hut. We got on our horses and we continued our way to find Jess and Jesse. After a few hours we made it to a forest. The horses galloped as our group kept an eye out in case we find them.

"Hey guys look it here." We turn to Lukas and he points at some wood that laying there. 

"We must be close." I said. We all made the horses gallop faster. After a few minutes they slow down. I then noticed two familiar figures walking not too far from us.

"Guys look." I said as I pointed at them.

Everyone looks at what i'm pointing at and gasp.

"Holy cow, we finally found them." said Olivia with a smile.

"What are we waiting for?" asked Axel as we made the horses gallop fast.

"JESS, JESSE!"

The twins stop and look at us with a shocked impression. We made the horses to stop and i got off the horse. I ran to hug Jesse. Before I let him do anything I slapped him hard on his cheek.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

He rubbed his sore cheek. I got mad and let go of the hug.

"WHAT THE HELL JESSE?! WHY DID YOU GUYS LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING US!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs.

Jesse just stared at me with surprised face and then he shown a mad expression as he crossed his arms.

"DIDN'T YOU READ THE NOTE WE GAVE YOU?! WE SAID NOT TO FOLLOW US AND YOU DID IT ANYWAY!!"

I just there without speaking and with a shocked expression as he kept on yelling.

"THIS WAS SOMETHING WE NEEDED TO DO ALONE! WE DID THIS TO PROTECT YOU ALL!!"

"Jesse calm down!" Jess said.

He sighed and looked at us. "Look, go back to the temple. Me and Jess did this for your safety."

"Jesse we are a team, we help each other no matter how dangerous it is." I said as I tried to hold the tears.

"Petra's right Jesse. We are a team, we do this together no matter what." said Lukas.

Jesse and Jess looked at each other with sadden faces and then look at us.

"*sigh* Fine you can come with us, but if I say you guys have to leave you listen." He said as we all nodded.

"Good we need to keep going then." said Jesse as he and Jess continued walking and I got back on the horse. 

"Hey Jesse, Jess? Don't you guys want to ride with us?" I asked as they turned around to face us.

Jesse looks at Jess. "I'm fine walking, but Jess you get on Lukas' horse, you need to save your energy."

Jess nodded and went Lukas' horse. Lukas got off his horse and helped Jess up before he got back on. I turn to Jesse an d he turns around and continues walking. I sighed, Jesse was still mad for us following him.

I guess we have a long way to go.

A/N: Oh boy Jesse is not happy at all at the Order for following him and Jess. What will happen next? And what does Jesse mean they did this to protect them. Find out soon.