chapter twenty-one

•one year later•
Claire's POV:
I woke up and did my morning routine today is Paisley's first birthday today so we are going to have it at the house. Tanner was downstairs feeding Paisley while I was going to make breakfast for both of us. After I finished, Paisley and I went to her room to go pick out her outfit "okay Pais what should you wear?" I asked her while holding her. She pointed out to this pink romper with a light pink bow in the front (picture at the beginning of the chapter). I helped her put on her clothes and slipped on her white slip-on vans. "okay sweetie lets go downstairs to see Uncle Jake and Auntie Madi." I said "yay." she smiled. We walked downstairs and she went straight to them so I went outside to help my mom and Tanner help set up the tables and chairs. After setting everything up, I baked a cake for Paisley and placed it in the refrigerator. Couple hours later, all of our family and friends came over. Paisley was playing with her cousins around her age inside the house. Once everyone was done eating I went to go get Paisley so we can go sing happy birthday. "okay lets sing happy birthday to Paisley in 3...2..1." when we were done singing we cut the cake and gave it to everyone. Tanner dragged Paisley and I to the photo booth. "Silly face" Tanner told Paisley and she did. After taking the picture we were laughing because in one picture Tanner wasn't ready. "momma and dada." Paisley pointed us out on the picture. "yes Paisley and who is this cutie?" I asked pointing to Paisley she giggled. The party ended so I put Paisley to bed and went downstairs to help clean up. "okay Claire and Tanner. thank you for having us here at Paisley's first birthday party." Jake said. "no problem." I said. Everyone went back home so it was only Tanner and I. "AGGHHH I am so tired." Tanner said while stretching. "me too lets go to sleep." We walked upstairs and into our room. Before going to bed I quickly edited and uploaded the vlog from today. "goodnight babe." I said "goodnight."
                    •two years later•
"MOMMY!!!!" Paisley screamed. I ran to her room "what's wrong?" I said "I had a nightmare." she said crying. "aww come here sweetie." I picked her up and hugged her. "what was it about?" I asked "Daddy left us." she said while I wiped her tears. "No sweetie he will never do that." I said "Then where is he?" She said "he is in the living room." "okay can we go down to see him?" "sure." we walked downstairs to the living room. "good morning Pais." Tanner said while cooking breakfasts. "hey daddy. I had a nightmare." "really what was it about?" "you left mommy and I." "sweetheart I would never leave you and mommy. I love both of you guys so much." Tanner explained. "okay." she went to go play with her dolls. "Are you sure you would never leave us?" I asked "I promise remember when we were in the doctors room and you asked me if I was going to ever leave you?" "yeah." "and I promised you I would never leave Paisley and you?" I nodded "I promised you and a promise is a promise I would never leave you guys." Tanner came up to me and kissed my lips. "I love you Tanner." "I love you too Claire." After we were all done eating breakfast Tanner and I took Paisley to Jake and Madi's house so she can play with her cousin Luke who was around her age. After we dropped her off it was time for Tanner and I to have a break. "what should we do?" Tanner said "hmmm maybe we can go to the movies." I suggested "sure sounds good but I get to pick the movie okay?" "fine." We went to the movie theater and Tanner bought our tickets. "So what movie are we going to watch?" "Lights out." "Are you serious right now?" "Yep." We went to go get popcorn and drinks before we went to find our seats. During the whole movie I was closing my eyes or hiding behind Tanner. "Okay it's over." Tanner whispered. I opened my eyes and it was a jump scare. "damn it Tanner why?!" I said. "I wanted to see your reaction." he laughed. After the movie ended we went to pick up Paisley. "Thanks for watching her." I said to Jake and Madi. "No problem." Madi said. We went back home to just go and chill. "mommy?" Paisley said. "yes?" "Can we go swimming?" "Sure lets all go change into our bathing suits." I said. Tanner carried me bridal style up the stairs "Tanner we are going to fall." I said laughing. "No we aren't I got you." he said almost tripping. We made it into our room and we changed. The door knocked and Tanner opened it while I was in the bathroom still. "Hey Pais what's up?" I heard Tanner say while I got out of the bathroom. "Can you help me tie the string please?" "okay." he helped Paisley tie her string. "mommy look at my new bathing suit." she spun around "you look very cute in that bathing suit." I said. We all went outside to the backyard. "sweetie come over here so I can put sunblock on you." Paisley ran towards me "okay mommy." After putting the sunblock on Paisley we all went into the pool. "Daddy can we have Luke, uncle Jake, and auntie Madi come over?" "Sure." He said while getting out to call them. Paisley and I stayed on the shallow side splashing each other. "Hey did you splash me?" I said "nope." she giggled "hmm okay." I turned the other way and looked back at Paisley and started tickling her. She was laughing and Tanner came back. "They are here!!" Tanner said. "Hey!!!" I said to them. "CANNONBALL!!!" Jake yelled. Couple hours later we went back inside to eat dinner and watched a movie with the kids. "Is it okay if we sleep over?" Jake asked "sure you guys can sleep here whenever." Tanner said. Luke and Paisley went to bed already so it was only the parents that were still up. "Hey Madi and Claire can both of you grab the blankets from the cabinet over there?" "sure." Madi and I went to grab the blankets. "Do you see that?" I asked Madi while looking at the hallway "yeah it looks like that girl from Lights Out." "Okay I am really creeped out right now so we should go back to the boys." "okay." I turned around and that girl was right behind me "OH SHIITTT!!!!!" I ran towards Tanner. "HAHA YOU JUST GOT PRANKED!!!" "what the hell?!?" Madi said. Jake took off the wig and the dress. "Look there are cameras right there and right here." Tanner pointed them out. After we got pranked we watched a movie all together. It was getting late so we went to sleep in our rooms. what a day.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••(A/N): this chapter is longer than the others. your welcome 😊