chapter twenty-two

•one year later•
Claire's POV:
Paisley woke Tanner and I up because she was starting preschool. "MOMMY DADDY WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!" she yelled. "okay we are up. let's get you ready for your first day of preschool." Tanner said. After getting ready, I went to go make breakfast for everyone. Once we were done eating breakfast we drove to Paisley's preschool. "Okay Pais remember to say please and thank you. okay?" I reminded her. "Okay mommy. I love you." I bent down to kiss her forehead. "We will see you soon." Tanner said "Okay bye daddy." She hugged his leg. We walked out of the preschool "okay where to now?" "hmm shopping?" "okay." We got to the mall and went to different stores to buy clothes and shoes. "I am hungry now." I said "me too lets go eat pizza." We walked to the pizza place and ordered our food. "I am gonna go get our pizzas." Tanner said. "okay." I went on my phone and scrolled through Instagram. "I am back." Tanner said while placing our food on the table." "yay!!!" I cheered "hey guys welcome back!!! Today while I was exploring the wilderness I spotted a wild Claire!!" he said in an Australian accent. He pointed the camera towards me while I was eating. "Tanner stop it." "Oh no guys she is angry." I kicked Tanner's leg underneath the table. "ouch I just have been injured I think I am going to die. HELP!!!" he turned off his camera. "I hate you." I said "no you love me." Tanner said. After we were done eating we went to go pick up Paisley. "hey sweetie how was your first day of preschool?" I asked while putting her in her car seat. "It was AMAZING I met new friends." "that's nice." We drove back home. "Okay mommy needs to go meet grandma at her house so daddy is going to watch after you okay?" "okay mommy tell grandma I said hi!!" "okay I will." I said while kissing her cheeks before I left. "uhmm excuse me but where is my kiss?" I heard Tanner say. "oh yeah." I kissed Tanner on the lips "ewww cooties!!!" Paisley said. I left the house and drove to my mom's house.
Tanner's POV:
"okay sweetie what should we do?" I asked Paisley. "hmm oh I know dress up!!" she lead me upstairs and into her room. She wore a princess dress with a tiara. "okay what is daddy going to wear?" I asked her "you can wear a tutu and a tiara." she said while handing me the tutu and tiara with a wand. I put them on and started playing tea time with her. she started giggling "haha daddy look behind you." I turned around and saw Claire taking pictures of me. "babe you better delete those pictures right now." I said while standing up almost tripping over a pair of high heels. She started running around the house and locked herself in a guest room.
Claire's POV:
Once I got home I went upstairs to Paisley's room where I saw Tanner wearing a tutu and a tiara. I took a picture of him and Paisley saw me and started giggling. Tanner turned around and said "babe you better delete those pictures now. he was about to stand up and walk to me but he almost tripped over a pair of high heels. clumsy Tanner I thought to myself. I ran into one of the guest rooms and locked myself in there. I posted the picture on Instagram and captioned it "came home and saw Tanner wearing this 😂" then I clicked post. I unlocked the door to see if Tanner was there he was nowhere to be found so I went back to Paisley's room. "AGHH I GOTCHA!!!!" Tanner said while picking me up. I screamed "Paisley come help mommy the bad princess is attacking me." I said to Paisley who came out of her room and started kicking Tanner's leg. "oh no my leg." Tanner let go of me while falling to the ground. "mommy are you okay?" "yes sweetheart thank you for saving me princess Paisley." Once we were done playing around I went to go make dinner. I made chicken alfredo pasta with broccoli. After I was done making dinner Paisley and Tanner were setting up the table. "yummy!!!!" Paisley said while I put the pasta on her plate. "thank you for dinner." they both said. "no problem." we ate our dinner and talked about how our day went. We were all done with dinner so I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while Tanner went to put Paisley to bed. I went upstairs to go take a shower and changed into my pajamas. Tanner went into the shower after me and changed into his shorts leaving him without a shirt. We went to bed and fell asleep.
                 next day (afternoon)
Tanner and I were in the living room watching modern family. "hey claire can we talk?" he said making me nervous. "sure, what's up?" "uhmm I want to have another kid...." he looked at me nervously "Okay I was thinking the same thing. But we should tell Paisley about it." "okay once she gets home we can tell her." I drove to Paisley's preschool to pick her up to go back home. "okay Pais daddy and I need to tell you something important." I said while sitting down next to Tanner in the living room. "okay what's that?" "Mommy and I want to have another baby." he said. she looked at us for awhile and ran upstairs to her room. "I am gonna go check up on her." I said "No she needs her time alone to think." "okay." tears were starting to come out of my eyes. "babe is everything okay?" Tanner said while wiping my tears away. "yeah everything is fine." I lied. Couple minutes later Paisley came downstairs and sat next to us. "so Pais what do you think?" Tanner asked her "I don't want mommy to have another baby!!! if you have another baby then you guys won't love me anymore!!!!" she yelled and went back to her room. "PAISLEY FOX GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I AM GOING TO GROUND YOU!!!!!" Tanner yelled from downstairs causing me to jump a little. "NOOO!!!" Paisley yelled back. "Tanner just let her have sometime alone." I rubbed Tanner's back. "No she is acting really immature about this situation." he said to me. Tanner went into her room and talked to her while I made dinner. After they were done talking I placed the food on the table. "mommy?" "yes paisley?" "I am sorry for how I acted. I promise I won't do it again." "okay." I gave her a hug. Once we were done eating I put Paisley to bed "goodnight sweetie I love you." I kissed her forehead "I love you to mommy." I closed the door and went to my room. "Sorry for what happened today." Tanner said while laying in bed. "It's okay." I said "goodnight Tanner" "goodnight." he kissed me on the lips.