Chapter 8

In the morning I woke up with a jolt by voices yelling! My parents and brother must be here. I got up and did my morning routine and went down to the kitchen. My only thought was.... Breakfast!

    Just kidding! I missed my family! When I entered I was attacked by a blonde blur that was my Mom! She knocked the breath out of me and I hugged her back. She pulled back, her blue eyes a little teary and kissed my cheek. "I missed you so much, sweetie!" she told me holding in a rib-crushing hug; again! "I missed you, too Mom. But I need air!" I managed to choke out.

    As she released me and I took in a breath, I saw my brother inhaling the breakfast Grandma had placed in front of him while she just shook her head and watched him with a smile. Dad was sitting calmly reading a paper and drinking his coffee as he ate his breakfast slowly.He got up and smiled at me, his blue eyes shining and said "Won't you say hi to me, princess?" and I smiled and said "Daddy!"

   I run to my Dad and hugged him. "Well, nice to see you, too." he told me with a chuckle. Yes, I'm a Daddy's girl! Big deal! I hugged the life out of him and when I finally released him and sat down and Grandma set my breakfast in front of me and I dug in. What?! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

   Grandma started telling them about Alex and his family. I just ignored them and kept eating until my Mom said something that made choke. "I know the Thornes. Lillian and I were best friends back at High School, she and Lucas were sweethearts from then. We lost touch after the first year of College. They were here and I was in Chicago. I'm so glad you befriended their son. He must be really nice and handsome if he is anything like his parents." she told me with a wink and my brother made a gagging sound.

     For being older he sure acts like a 10-year-old sometimes.... But I still love him! "Logan!" Grandma scolded him... Ha! That's what he gets! We all laughed. For the rest of breakfast we just talked and fooled around like any other family. I texted with Amy, Jennie, Sam and Alex.

   When I told Alex that my parents are here he didn't answer for five minutes which is weird because he answers fast! So, I texted him. "R u alive?"   and then he answered me. "For now... But you almost gave me a heart attack!" he told me. "Sorry! :-(" I told him and he agreed to come over and meet them tomorrow. 

    And my Mom was thrilled as for my Dad... Yes, he liked the idea, too. Anyone is better to him than Sam. He'll even accept Count Dracula if it meant to get rid of Sam.... Logan couldn't wait to torture him but I think he changed his mind after Grandma blackmailed him with his baby pictures and his friends... I love my family! They are great! And I also told Alex to arrange for his parents to meet my parents because they want to meet them.... I can't wait to see my Mom's and Mrs. Thorne's faces when they meet!

   I still can't believe they were friends! How small can the world be?!

___________________________________________________

VOTE?

COMMENT?

THANKS!!!