quarante-deux

POV LUKE 

Grabbing her head and leaning in even more, our noses touched and our lips moved against each other roughly. Until she pulled back.

"T-this is w-rong." she stuttered and pushed her fingers in the roots of her hair. "No, no no no." she whispered. She was so frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I-I'll wait by the car." she said, without even giving me one single glance and stood up from the chair and ran through the glass doors.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself, tugging my own hair a bit with my own hands. I stood up and quickly gathered all the books. I walked to the back of the room and took a fabric bag out of a big box. I remembered that there were bags in the box there even though I never really came here anymore these past months. I remembered Maggie quoting her favorite books, and I also remember her talking a lot about poetry and other books. Shaking myself away from my thoughts I quickly walked to the table and stuffed all the books in there and walked outside. Once I slammed the door shut I saw Maggie sitting on the stone ground her hands wrapped around her knees.

"Maggie, please get up." I said concerned.

"I was cold.."

I quickly unlocked the car and walked her way, grabbing her hand and helping her up. I opened the car door and slammed it shut afterwards.

-

We were driving back home, it was 3am and texted the boys that I was driving home already. Maggie hasn't said a word since, but she keeps switching the music that is playing in the car on my phone that is connected with bluetooth.

After awhile I felt a bit tired and we stopped at the gas station.

"Do you want s-." before I could get my sentence out she interrupted me.

"I'm sorry.", her voice was almost cracking. "I feel bad, this shouldn't have happened. I know you may have a girlfriend and I f-." 

"Hey it's fine.. I don't have a girlfriend and it's nothing to worry about. I'm not mad don't be sorry." I assured her.

 I knew she thought that I had a girlfriend. 

I sometimes go to parties, and girls usually follow me home. And Maggie never sleeps I guess.. She always looks out the window waiting for me to come home. Because she is scared. And I'm always drunk when I come home from parties, but she still likes to talk to me. And I guess she saw some girl following me around.

Silence filled the car. 

She was thinking, and I could see she was. I knew her too good. 

"It's fine baby."

She looked at me, a shocked expression on her face.

"I mean, Maggie. I'm sorry." I quickly spat out after realizing what I said. 

"It's okay." she smiled.

I gave her a small smile back.

"I think we should start the car." 

"Yeah let's go." she agreed and we started driving again.

The gas station stop was not even needed I guess. 

But luckily it made her talk again.

POV MAGGIE

During the car ride, all I could think about was the kiss.

Cody

Luke

Ashton

This is so messed up.

But kissing him felt so different. His lips were so plump and full. The feeling in my stomach was special. The cold ring on his lips made me wanted to carry on kissing him. But I knew it was wrong. I'm dating Cody, and even though we aren't even together. It's still weird and wrong. 

Luke was parking beside the front gate as I disconnected his phone from the car and locked it. But quickly a notification came on his lock screen. 

Arzaylea : Babe, up for a drink tmrw? Just left Roy's parteh. Miss you :(

I closed my eyes and quickly locked the phone as I waited till Luke parked the car. Breathing in and out slowly.

Maybe he does have girlfriend. 

When he got the right spot he stopped the car and pulled the car keys out. 

"Here we are." he chuckled. "Long ride." 

"Yeah." I fake smiled. "Ehm here.", I handed him the space grey device and he took it from me. "Y-you have a message." I said before pushing the car door open and hopping out. "Thanks for the nice night." I smiled, and left him confused in the black jeep.

-

After changing and brushing my hair and teeth, I hopped in bed and took my meds. 

Knowing that I was going to have another nightmare tonight because of the pills. 

I wanted to turn my lights off as someone stood in my bedroom doorframe. 

It was Luke.

"Hi." 

"Hello." I gave him a quick wave. 

"Can I come in?" he asked, he was topless and wore only his grey boxer shorts. 

"Yeah, sure." I answered, and sat up. He walked to my bed and sat beside me. 

"Here." he said and handed me a fabric bag he was holding the whole time. 

I took it and opened it up, seeing all the books we read in the library. 

"Are you even allowed to take these?" I joked, and was screaming inside. 

These were all amazing books I read during the years. 

"Yeah, you can have them. My notebook is in there too. I finished it and I thought maybe you'd want to read it sometime.", his face was soft and he just smiled. Making me feel warm inside. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, just keep them."

"Oh my god, thank you." I almost screamed, but since it was really late I tried to keep the volume down and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you." I whispered. 

I let go of him and he suddenly speaks up. "That girl, from t-the message. She is not my girlfriend." he said.

Why would he suddenly say that, if he has a girlfriend or not. It's not my problem. I don't care. I must not care.

"Oh." was all I could bring out. 

I looked up and saw his beautiful blue eyes piercing through mine. 

His eyes were now looking down at my lips.

"Fuck it." he whispered and he pressed his lips on mine this time. The second time tonight we kissed, but this time it was him who made the move. 

-

A/N 

Hi guys! Another update :) I haven't been doing too good lately. More updates on my insta - @damnluek. 

I love you guys a lot and I hope you enjoyed. 

my twitter - @lrhmags

my insta - @damnluek

Thank you for all the support on this story! 

x M