quarante-quatre

POV LUKE

We all sat quietly in the living room. The windows open forming a light breeze in the air. Me and Mike went driving to search for her, Cal and his girlfriend walked through the neighborhood. But she was nowhere to be seen. Ashton just sat home, and probably called her tons of times just as we all did. And now it's just waiting for Maggie to enter this house before we contact the police.

A weird vibe hung in the air, heavy breathing, an almost deadly silence and a light shiver that went through my body every time I thought of her.

"Luke?"

"Hmm?" I was shaken out of my thoughts and answered the hazel eyed boy that sat right in front of me, still wondering why he still didn't punched me again.

"I'm sorry mate." he coughed right after that sentence and scratched the back of his head awkwardly and denied looking me in the eye. "It's fine."

"No, I fucking punched you in the face." he spoke up, his voice filling up the whole room. Making everyone jump up.

"Ash it's fine.", all I did was stare at the floor, counting endless of lines carved in the wood. They just kept talking to me. But I couldn't hear a word, because my thoughts were the only thing I heard.

POV MAGGIE

"Cody?"

I looked in his eyes and silence fell. He couldn't deny that it wasn't him, and he couldn't deny that the girl beside him was just a friend. Because until now he let go of her hand.

The worst thing was, I couldn't blame him for going out with another girl.

I kissed Luke.

"M-Mags?", he mumbled. "What are you doing here."

"Getting coffee maybe?"

The girl behind me hand pitch black hair, a bright red lipstick and short black hair, cut in a bob. Her eyes were dark and the black sweater with the hood made her look even more mysterious.

I walked back and couldn't stop pointing towards her, "Who is she?"

"Mag-."

"Adrianna, the girlfriend?" she answered, right before Cody wanted to answer. Her expression was serious. If looks could kill I would be dead by now.

I looked at Zoë and she was holding a cup and a marker, obvious that she was afraid to say a word. Cody was just looking at the floor, lost in his own thoughts.

"I can't believe you Ross." I spat and quickly pulled my hood up and ran out pulled open the glass door, the familiar sound of the stupid bell rang again but I just kept walking and the sound faded away, and Cody's voice calling my name also slowly fading away.

Tears were forming in my eye, not because of Cody. He is just a small part of all the reasons that haunted own. And I did love him, and maybe I was in love with him. I couldn't do this on my own. And he was one of the only persons here.

I have no right to be mad, I technically cheated on him..

But it's different you know?

After walking through the same memorable path, I stood in front of our front port scanning my phone onto the machine. A light peep sound filled my ears. The huge portals opened up as I walked further, focusing on loads of little mini pieces of stone one the ground.