quarante-sept

POV LUKE

You had no idea how badly I wanted to tell her.

Because I saw the anxiety in her eyes every time I look a second away from the steering wheel, and the way she held her breath because she was so fucking nervous. Her voice wasn't clear either when she talked. My reassurance didn't work.

I do understand it.. that if you tell someone; especially someone like Maggie that if someone wants to talk to you: you immediately think of the worst. I have experienced that a thousand times. Scared of being abandoned, hated and being left completely alone. And I think that Maggie has the exact same feeling in her system because of the things she went through.

I just wanted to take all the bad feelings she had away from her and let her live anxiety and sad free. That would be wonderful. Not that that would ever be possible but I hope she knows that i'm trying my bestest to make her feel safe.

Once we reached our driveway I carefully parked the car. Parking wasn't my strongest point and since I haven't got my drivers license too long ago I try to focus on everything that has to do driving while driving. Not to mention I did fail my theory multiple times. I'm glad I don't drive as reckless as Cal does. Once parked the car next to Cal's almost completely wrecked car quite smoothly I could finally stop holding my breath and pulled the car key out. The familiar sound of tons of keys and key rings smash against each other. I unlocked the car and the first one to get out was Maggie. I followed shortly, after I aimed my keys to the car and pressed the lock button. After turning back around I already saw Michael pulling the door open probably hearing us arrive already.

"Hi Mikey" Maggie greeted and walked inside after Michael mumbled a soft "Hi" and patted the top of her head. Once I reached the main living room Ash was nowhere to be seen. And they all promised to sit on the couches to talk to Maggie the minute we came home. Since it was quite important and we wanted to get it over with.

"Ash?" I called and I entered the music room my leather boots clicking on the tiled floor. I was sure Ash was there overworking himself like usual. 

Once I entered our studio I was right. Ashton was holding his notebook and was busy writing not noticing I just called his name. I don't blame him. We are in a rush, the album needs to be done asap.

"Ashton?" He was shaken out of his thoughts and looked up.

"Oh. Luke, you're home? Sorry I had to finish this" I just nodded. Watching him scribble the last word down before he got up. It was important to finish this album because we already announced our tour.

POV MAGGIE 

I impatienly sat here waiting for Ash and Luke to enter the lounge room.I  was twirling strands of my medium long black hair around my finger. Meanwhile Cal and Mike were obsessing about some game that was going to come out next month. After hearing Luke's boots click on the tile floor I knew they were coming out of the music room. Finally. 

I was curious of what they were going to tell me. Luke said it wasn't bad but Luke doesn't always speak the truth. It could just be an act of reassurance. The boys already know how anxious I am, how many panic attacks I get daily. I even had to get homeschooled because I was scared of facing Cody. Ugh, that piece of shit. 

Once Luke and Ashton joined us my heart started beating really fast. The reaction some people have when they see them in real life, or even on pictures on social media. [a/n : actually me}