Ch 1.

{Tyler's POV}

Everyone was wearing suits and dresses, gathering around and talking as if they actually liked each other. My mom laughed obnoxiously loud at something a lady said, I sighed, taking my salad and eating quietly.

It's horrible, being surrounded and not having a single person to talk to. I'm an only child and none of my mothers friends have kids. Apparently I was a mistake because I can tell, she doesn't really want me.

The only reason my mom kept me instead of putting me up for adoption is so that she didn't look like a bad person. My dad didn't want me either, he's the owner of a record company and having a kid is 'too much responsibility'.

"Tyler, would you please stop scraping the fork across the plate, its extremely annoying." my mother scolded.

I pressed my lips in a line and sat my fork down. "I'm going to go to my room, may I be excused?" I asked quietly.

"No, you have to stay down here," she said sternly.

I nodded and walked around the room. There were so many people and I doubt my parents even knew half of them.

I was so bored. Every day of my life is boring, I want to do something fun, but theres nothing to do. I headed to the bathroom so I could escape these people and shut the door, leaning against it.

As I looked in the mirror, I sighed at my appearance. My wavy hair was combed back and neatly brushed, I was wearing black pants, and a grey shirt.

After washing my face, I noticed the small window and thought about it for a moment. Maybe I should do something exciting for once. I'm not having fun here, and I haven't seen the town, even though I have lived here for a week.

I climbed on the closed toilet seat and pushed the window open. I quietly climbed out, luckily only being on the first floor.

It was dark out, I walked down the street, the quietness was peaceful. It was nice going outside, I'm homeschooled and never leave the house, aside from when we moved.

The longer I walked, the smaller and worse the houses got. An eerie feeling was crawling through my veins, I kept hearing a voice in my head saying to go back and that something bad was going to happen.

Before I could turn around, I heard a soft voice, and a chuckle, "Hey! what are you doing here?"

I looked up and saw 3 guys walking towards me, "I was just walking around," I said quietly, "I was going to lea-"

"Hell yeah you were, this isn't a place for spoiled brats," another guy scoffed, he had a tank top on, showing off his tattoos.

"I am not spoiled," I said without thinking, causing the group of 3 to laugh, moving closer, before I could run, two of them grabbed my arms.

A groan left me as they slammed me against the wall, my back aching with pain, "we don't like people coming into our territory, especially people like you."

When I thought they were about to hit me, another voice shouted, "Hey! what in the hell are you guys doing!?"

I looked up and saw a boy, cotton candy pink hair, probably the same age as me, with a tattoo sleeve covering his arm.

"What are you doing here Dun?" asked one of the boys.

The mysterious boy just scoffed,"Just leave Justin, I'm not in the mood for your bullshit"

"Whatever, let's go," Justin said, not even glancing at me.

When they were out of sight, the mysterious boy walked towards me and held his hand out. I hesitated, he could be like the others, but when he gave me a small smile, I took his hand into mine and he helped me up.

"Thank You," I told him. His mocha brown eyes looked in mine and I was shocked by how they looked, so shiny and mesmerizing.

He shrugged, "Don't worry about it, I'm Josh"

"Nice to meet you, my name is Tyler," I held out my hand and he chuckled but shook it anyways.

"So, Tyler, what are you doing here? you don't seem like the type to be living in this side of town. Not that I'm judging you or anything."

"Well, I just moved here and I was just looking around," I told him casually.

I turned and began walking back before he could reply, I didn't want my mom to find out I left, she would never ground me, but I hate disappointing her. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped, letting out a scream, I heard Josh laugh, "You scream like a little girl!"

"What are you doing?" I asked as he walked beside me.

He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious, "There is NO way I am letting you walk home alone, especially not after what happened back there."

"Oh," I said stupidly.

We stayed silent the whole way back, it was slightly awkward, although he insisted on walking with me. When we got to my place, he laughed, shaking his head, "spoiled rich kid, I knew it."

"I am not spoiled," I spat out, though it was kind of true.

Josh smiled, "Oh, really? And how much did those pants cost?"

"I don't know! my maid bought them for me on my birthday," I paused, "Fine, I am spoiled."

"Goodnight Tyler, you should probably go back inside, unless you wanna get in trouble," He waved goodbye and headed down the street. I watched as he faded away into the darkness.

When I snuck in the back door, I didn't mind the crowded living room or annoying talk. All I could think about was his mocha brown eyes and cotton candy hair.