Chapter Two

My hand, hovering over the bathroom doorknob, flies to my mouth and I wheel around in shock.

"What in-"

"Chill, dude."

Jared is grinning manically at me, reclined on my bed with his long legs dangling over the edge. Damn you, moose. He knows I get heart palpitations.

I exhale deeply, knees slackening with relief. Calm down; this doesn't warrant a full-blown motherfucking conniption, Misha.

"Oh, it's just you."

"Just Jared. Like the multimillion-dollar entertainment-"

"What are you doing here?"

Jared shrugs flippantly, setting his phone down beside him. "You left the place unlocked and I wanted to come talk to you."

"About?" I can't suppress the edge in my voice. I hate snapping at one of my best friends, but I'm thoroughly exhausted and was really looking forward to a private rendezvous with my shower.

Jared heaves a sigh and rises slowly to his feet. I watch those gleaming hazel eyes as they study me. Amused, secretive.

"Anytime between now and the next millennium, Padalecki," I roll my eyes. Immediately, Jared's face splits into a devilish grin.

"You're in a bad mood."

I cross my arms over my chest and fix him with a withering deadpan.

"What gave it away?"

"It's okay; I understand." His grin only broadens, if possible. "You've been PMSing ever since... Well, you know." Jared winks overtly and I cock an eyebrow.

"You'll have to enlighten me-"

"Since Destiel became canon, of course. I can forgive your moodiness, but you're gonna have to be less of a cactus for the higher ups on set, 'cause last I checked, today's the day you kiss Jensen."

The kiss scene.

The reminder barells into me full throttle, even though I never really forgot. Being scheduled to make out with Jensen Ackles isn't something one simply forgets.

"Well, color me surprised," I mutter. But Jared ignores me, practically giddy at the prospect.

"You're gonna do the thing where you lean in-"

"You're gonna do the thing where you shut the hell up," I retort, nonplussed.

But it's no secret that this whole Destiel thing has made me and Jensen uncomfortable. Well, that would the understatement of the year... For the fans, it's long overdue; for the rest of the cast, I'm sure it's a hilarious joke; for Jensen and I, however, this is going to be hell. Yes, I love the fucking shit out of Destiel. But it could put a serious strain on our friendship. It's going to be awkward beyond belief to kiss one of my best male friends, and I don't even want to know the extent of what they're planning over in the writers' room.

And yet, what did we expect, with all the homo in seasons four and five, the lip-licking and eye-fucking and lines like There are two things I know or certain. One, Bert and Ernie are gay, and So what? I'm Thelma and you're Louise and we're just gonna hold hands and sail off this cliff together? Not to mention Dean's blatant bisexuality, as underscored by his gay thing from the bar and Dr. Sexy and his reaction to the gay hunter duo and an indiscriminate number of other subtextual references.