Chapter Seven

I'm sitting on my trailer bed, TV remote in one hand and phone in the other. They don't need Castiel for any scenes right now so I have a few hours to kill.

Cue Netflix and Twitter.

I'm about to make myself a sandwich when there's a knock at the door.

"Jared," I smile, holding the door open for him. "Thanks for knocking."

He ducks expertly into the trailer and immediately whirls around to face me.

"Dude."

I cock an eyebrow at him and he breathes a short laugh. "Wanna talk about what happened?"

"Jared, you're one of my best friends but-"

"But what?"

"But there's nothing to talk about." I stare at him in mild bewilderment before reaching up to run a hand through my hair, which is, as always, askew.

I sigh and lean back against the counter. Forty-one is definitely too old to be dealing with this crap.

"Misha-"

"What?"

"He had his tongue down your throat-"

"So?" Wouldn't be the first time...

I don't know why I'm trying to downplay this; I just feel an inexplicable urge to defend Jensen

I don't know why I'm trying to downplay this; I just feel an inexplicable urge to defend Jensen. For some reason, his honor and dignity and impulse control go flying out the window whenever we're in public together, especially at conventions. One of these days he's going to flash me his dick on stage just because the big idiot is weird like that around me and he thinks I like it or something.

I don't know if it's our little gay play that we've had going on forever or if he likes riling me up or if my reactions are just so priceless to him, but he needs to stop. Because Dani has gotten pissed on numerous occasions, hearing from others or watching first-hand the embarrassing ways her husband interacts with me on stage. She's talked to the handlers and told them to refuse him drink before he goes up on stage, but...either he doesn't give a crap or he forgets every time. And if she can't control him, I'm not sure how anyone expects me to handle him.

Nobody bats an eye when weird, flamboyant Misha Collins acts gay, but Jensen has an image to uphold in front of his friends and family, who would likely give him hell about his...compulsive behavior. It's all fun and games when we're alone, but I know Jensen tries to tone it down in the presence of any audience. He tries, but the alcohol at conventions - or rather, apple juice - loosens his tongue and his inhibitions and he's too damn honest, and as for today...well, I don't have an excuse for today. But I can damn well formulate one on the spot for his sake.

"He's a good actor, Jared. So are we. That's why we're here, why they hired us."

Jared purses his lips.