(24) Party Invite

Aliyah's POV:

I reached home safe and sound. My family were extremely happy on seeing me and I had a great time telling them all about school. Of course, I left some unnecessary bits out.

"Well, it seems like you really settled in." My Dad said and I nodded.

"Great! Anyways, next week is your birthday, so how about we hold a party?" My Mum recommended.

"Yeah! Can I invite my friends?" I asked.

"Of course! You can invite your friends but your Dad's old friend, what was his name?" Mum turned towards Dad.

"Patel." My Dad answered.

"Yes, Patel is going to be coming as well, he and your Dad met a while back and wanted to meet each other's families. You two were college friends, right?" Mum turned to Dad and my Dad nodded.

I smiled and started dialling Sidd.

"Oh, I heard they have a wonderful son, about your age. And a little daughter." Mum muttered, thinking.

I nodded, not really listening.

"Okay Mum, I'll be in my room, calling my friends over to my birthday party." I called, closing my door.

"Hello sweetheart!" Sidd answered teasingly, and I could feel him grinning from the other side.

"Hi my darling." I retorted, smirking a little.

"So what's new?" Sidd questioned.

"Oh, it's my birthday and-"

"YOUR BIRTHDAY!! I mean...your birthday." Siddharth returned to his normal voice.

"Yes Siddharth, everyone have a birthday, you know, the day their born." I smiled at my little joke.

"Haha, very funny." He said sarcastically.

"I love your sarcasm."

"I love you."

"I know."

"But why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Because I don't think it's necessary, I mean after ten it just loses its shine." I sighed.

"Of course it's necessary! You were born on that day, you came into the world that day." He cried.

I giggled, "I didn't think you thought that much about me." I teased.

"What do you mean, I think of you day and night." He snapped.

"That means a lot Sidd." I whispered, almost to myself.

I imagined Sidd blushing and trying to deny it.

"What I mean is I think of you, your my girlfriend, why wouldn't I?"

"Yeah, your right."

"Anyways, what were you saying?"

"Right, it's my birthday next week, and I'm holding a party, I was hoping you could come, I wanna see you." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Yeah, sure, I'll be there, just text me the address and time and I'll be there." As always, Sidd replied enthusiastically.

"Thanks Sidd." I smiled.

"I can't wait to see you." He murmured.

"Me neither."

"Bye sweetheart."

"Bye darling." And with that said, I hanged the call before dialling the rest of our group.

♡♡♡

The past week has been torture. I couldn't stop thinking about Sidd, and just couldn't wait to see him. I have been meeting up with Tunisha, Reem and Jannat occasionally, but the boys, no chance.

"I can't wait!" I squealed.

"Calm down, god." Zaid, my younger brother, groaned. I shot him a death glare and he immediately shut up.

"A few more minutes before everyone come." I reminded myself, feeling excitement bubble up.

"Who's coming anyway?" Zaid asked, changing the channel on the TV.

"Tunisha, Reem, Jannat, Sumedh, Faisal, Siddharth and Ayaan," I said before frowning.

"No, not Ayaan, he said he had to go somewhere that day apparently, but he better make it up by meeting up with me." I muttered.

"Wow, Aliyah di, I can't believe you're inviting boys." Zaid smirked.

"Why won't I, Siddharth is my boyfriend and-" my eyes widened as I realised what I said.

Zaid jumped off the sofa and stared at me shocked.

"Siddharth is your what?" He asked.

"Siddharth is my boy friend." I repeated slowly.

"I can't believe this you-".

"As in he is a friend that is a boy." I smiled, and Zaid returned back to his normal gesture.

"Oh, you got me there for a second." He laughed.

"Yeah, I got myself there aswell." I muttered in a voice barely audible.

Just then, I heard the doorbell. My Mum rushed from the kitchen to open the door. Zaid shut the TV off and mouthed 'Dad's friends', I nodded and heard the door open.

I heard my Dad greet another manly voice, then I heard my Mum introduce herself to a female.

"My are you a handsome lad." My Dad seemed to compliment someone.

"Well, like they say, like father like son." The other man laughed and my Dad joined in.

I heard shuffles make their way over to the living room, and I creeped over to the staircase, where I peeked through the cracks just in time to see a woman enter the room.

I heard more laughs and talks, before the conversation led to something I absolutely didn't agree on.

"We have a daughter aswell, but she is currently visiting some friend of hers." The lady started.

"Oh, some friends of our daughter are coming over too," Mum laughed.

"Where is the birthday girl." The man questioned.

I cursed my luck.

"Oh, let me just get her." My Mum got up and made her way over to my room, where I had quickly rushed in.

"Come on, everyone is waiting for you Aliyah," Mum whispered.

I nodded and got up to go down stairs.

As soon as I reached the living room, I took in the appearances of the guests.

The man was a well dressed...business man? He wore a navy blue suit with a matching tie. The lady wore a red dress that covered her whole body, and a black hijab.

But it wasn't them that surprised me, it was the teenage boy that was sitting next to them. He had those same chocolate brown eyes, and that same playful smile.

"Ayaan" I whispered; enough for everyone to hear.

I could tell he was feeling the same way. Shocked.

"Aliyah." He stood up.

I looked around and could tell everyone were pretty much confused.

Woah....