16

Hope couldn't help but giggle at how cute Carli was right now.

Both of them were sitting on the couch, and Carli was in the goalkeeper's arms, her head resting on her chest. Hope was caressing her hair with gentleness, grateful for having a moment with the two of them, alone. After the fight everybody overheard, the rookies left, and the remaining teammates were either sleeping or chilling in their respective rooms. So they were just here, enjoying each other's presence.

- Babe ?

Carli's voice was so weak that Hope suddenly was worried.

- Yes ? she answered.

There was a little hesitation from Carli. Hope began to imagine the worst-case scenarios, and stressed out.

- I was thinking... When the Olympics are over, Carli said, but abruptly stopped.

Hope knew she was searching for the right words. She caressed her arms, just to comfort her. She really wanted to hear what she had to say next. The brunette collected herself and finally spoke up :

- We should move in together.

- Aren't we living together already ? Hope asked, confused.

- Yes, but in your apartment, the middy pointed out. I was thinking about buying a new one... m-maybe. In Seattle, because I know how much you love this city.

- Carli...

- I was thinking about joining Seattle Reign in the end of the season.

The keeper's eyes went wide. She straightened, causing Carli to sit up. The dark-haired was quite surprised, because she usually was the one asking her lover if she'd want to make big changes.

- F-for me ? Hope asked.

She just couldn't believe it.

- Yes, for you.

- Doesn't it sound like something an actual couple would do ?

Carli thought about those words for a minute. She then turned over to face Hope, climbing on top of her, causing the dark-haired to lie down again. Without overthinking, Carli put her lips on hers, and the keeper wrapped her arms around her body. When the kiss was over, the Jersey girl just smiled.

She took a deep breath.

- Hope Amelia Solo..., she began.

She placed another kiss on the corner of Hope's lips.

- Will you be my girlfriend ?

- Your girlfriend, uhn ? Hope repeated.

She pulled Carli closer to her, her hand slipping on the girl's neck. She kissed her softly, until both of them had to breath again.

- Was that a yes ? Carli asked, excited.

- Hum, I have to think about it, Hope jokingly said. I'll get back to you in two day.

- Babe ! Carli complained, grabbing her friend's waist.

- Of course I'll be your girlfriend, Lloyd. Don't be a brat.

Carli burst into laughter and kissed Hope once again. Even though the Olympics were around the corner, she was ready to let herself have a beautiful distraction. They will be able to deal with the pressure, they knew it.

When they got up, Hope went straight at the coffee machine she brought with her. Dinner was in half an hour, and both girls weren't very fit. Hope looked at Carli, who was glaring at her from the bed.

- So, what would my perfect girlfriend want for a coffee ? Hope asked with sarcasm.

Carli giggled at how a dork her girl was. Hope didn't wait for the answer, because she knew what coffee Carli wanted. And she had known for a while.

***

After dinner, Jill advised the girls to get some sleep. Training was at 6 AM the next morning, and either of them looked rested.

Allie was a mess, to say the least. Even herself wouldn't have thought that the perspective of Kelley having a girlfriend would hurt like that. She didn't know who was telling the truth between Tobin and Alex - aka her two best friends, at least she thought - and that sick feeling she had on her stomach at the moment wouldn't go away. Even with Christen and Lindsey trying to comfort her the best they could, they weren't able to recollect the pieces from the blonde's heart.

So Christen decided to knock on that damn door. She wasn't very happy to do so. But Lindsey was too scared to go, and claimed that Allie needed her on the room. So when Kelley opened the door - her eyes all red - Christen took a deep breath not to punch the brunette in the face.

- Chris.

Kelley seemed to be in the same state than Allie was.

- We need to talk, Christen answered. This situation is getting ridiculous.

Kelley nodded and let her in. Tobin and Whit - who seemed to be the only one on her side - just looked at the intruder with hesitation.

- Is the Hinkle thing true ? Christen immediately asked.

The freckled had a small ironical smile.

- Of course not.

- Good, Christen sighed out of relief. But, what proof do you have ? I mean, you could lie to me and...

Whit got up.

- Pressy, no offense, but you're the worse detective I've ever seen, she let out.

- Lindsey didn't want to come, the latina grumbled. So, why would Alex lie ?

Tobin set her the table. She talked about the reason Alex would do such a thing. She was so angry at her that Christen had chills all over her body. She's never seen Tobin angry before, and certainly wouldn't want to be the reason why she was. Once she told her everything about the subject, the latina remained silent.

She then just frowned.

- Alex's such a bitch ! she let out.

She then turned to face Kelley.

- I'm sorry I insulted you...

- Don't worry, I would've too if you had cheated on Julie or something, the freckled girl said.

Christen, who always was quite emotional, hugged Kelley, and the two girls cried in each other's arms. It was because they were exhausted, of course. Tobin and Whit exchanged a caring look, and smiled at each other.

The brunette sat down again.

- So, what do I do to get her back ? she asked.