23

Ashlyn and Ali were watching Maisie, who was playing with her aunties Allie and Kelley. Everybody knew about their relationship now, even though they weren't official or something. It was just Allie and Kelley, in love with each other, happy.
While the two girls were teaching Maisie how to kick a ball, Ali suddenly stopped listening to Ash and fixed her eyes on something.

When Ash turned her head, she immediately understood why : Lindsey and Emily were playing football not so far away from them, and from time to time, when Lindsey would nutmeg Sonnett, the defender would just mess with her for a bit.

Ali smiled.

- Those two sure look close, she whispered.

- Look at the way Lindsey looks at her, Ash added. She's so obvious. But Sonnett, on the other hand...

She stopped talking. The two youngsters were now running after each other, laughing their asses off. After following the two lovers glares, Allie and Kelley figured out what they were talking about.

And Kelley sure shipped whatever there was between the two of them.

- Five bucks that they'll be together by the end of camp, the freckled girl said in Allie's ear.

- Don't be so sure, babe. Lindsey will never admit her feelings, she's too shy for that.

Kriegy couldn't help but smirk.

- What about Samuel ? Ash asked. I mean, I thought her and Sonnett...

- Love triangle ? Allie suggested. Carlos will be thrilled.

Kelley, who was picturing the captain's reaction to another drama, just burst out laughing.

- Especially after the whole "Presston" thing, Kriegy added.

They all nodded, and Kelley became serious again. The Olympics were just around the corner, and the team wasn't allowed to fail or something. Considering the fact that everyone wanted them to win the gold, winning the silver medal would be a disaster.

And they needed to be honest with each other.

- I will speak to Lindsey, Allie offered.

Since she was the closest person to the youngster right now - she was kind of a sister for Lindsey - everyone agreed on letting Allie talk to her.

Maisie grabbed the middy's neck and Allie pulled her closer. Kelley watched her do with loving eyes. Ash spontaneously took Kriegy's hand in hers.

The defender was smiling wildly.

***

Carli's face turned white.

Her parents were here, standing in front of her. Of course the brunette didn't tell them about her breakup, and they probably figured everything out by themselves. And they sure weren't happy about that discovery, because they liked Brian.

She hugged her sister, and smiled at her brother. In both their looks, Carli saw something. It was like a little sparkle. What did Brian tell them ? That she left him for a girl ?

- You look pretty good for a girl that just dumped her oh-so-beloved fiancé, her father sharply said.

Carli has always been scared of the cold man. He was very religious, and also strict.

- Y-yeah, turned out he wasn't the one for me..., she muttered.

They were on a dining room, and all of her teammates - including Hope - were sitting together. She just offered her parents to take a seat. After they all grabbed something to eat, her mother was the one to speak.

- So, Brian told us there was someone else..., she said. May we ask who it is ?
Carli's cheeks turned red. Of course she couldn't say it.

- It's... Uhm... Complicated ? she tried to say, but then added : And too soon. We've only been together for a couple of months now.

- Carli..., Ashley (her sister) began.

But she shut her mouth. Carli had the impression that she wanted to warn her about something. But Ashley was silent again, looking at her feet with concentration.

Her dad immediately went on :

- You better be serious about this, Carli ! Because its time for you to get married to a good man ! Please, at least tell me the gentleman you chose has got what it takes to please you.

- O-of course she does, Carli immediately responded, quite annoyed.

- She ? her brother asked, confused.

Carli's eyes went wide. Why the fuck are you so stupid, Lloyd? Keep it together now !

- I meant, he does. And I am not getting married until I'm ready myself !

She didn't realize it, but she had just yelled at her family. The four of them were just shocked. Of course they knew something was wrong ; where was Carli, their little girl always obsessed with weddings and prince charming ?

Her teammates seemed concerned when her dad got up.

- I don't think you should talk to us anymore, he hissed. We know, okay ? About you and that... cunt. You are such a shame for the family.

Kristi Lloyd looked at her husband, quite shocked.

- She ain't no cunt, dad, Carli snapped back. I swear if you say another word I'll go back to our hometown and tell to every single one of your friends that I am in love with a girl. Now, please get the fuck out.

All eyes were on the midfielder, who was just looking at her family go out of the room without another word. She just came out in front of the whole team. Hope, who was sitting on the corner with Ash and Allie, just looked down. I just broke their family apart, she thought, while Carli was exiting the room as well.

Allie immediately understood what the keeper was thinking. She looked at her and Ash, doing back and forth between the two. Ash nodded, so Allie said :

- It's not your fault.

- Of course it is, Hope coldly responded. It always is.

She got up and ran straight in their room. She wanted to tell Carli to go back to her family. Hope didn't want to be the reason why the Lloyds didn't accept Carli anymore.

She found her girlfriend waiting for her, her arms crossed on her chest. As soon as Hope closed the door, the middy walked towards her and literally threw herself in Hope's arms. The keeper held her tight.

Carli's mouth found its way to Hope's ear, and the tall girl shivered.

- Please, don't leave me.