24

Christen stepped in Carli's room. The middy was tidying her things a little bit. She seemed pretty upset, so when she saw the dark-haired waiting for her to notice her, she didn't seem pleased. Ever since the "Presston drama" occurred, the two hadn't talk. Of course Carli apologized to Julie, but she didn't say anything to Christen, who obviously got hurt by the captain's lack of support.

Carli looked up at her.

- Can I help you ? she asked grumpily.

- Look, I know you and I aren't the best friends ever, and it's okay. I just wanted you to know that I know what you're going through. Julie's parents weren't happy with their fabulous religious daughter being in love with me.

That obviously caught Carli's attention. Now, all the team knew she was dating a girl. What they didn't know was that she was in this camp, here in Portland, an appeared to be one of their teammates.

She let a small smile draw itself on her lips.

- That's very kind of you, she carefully said. But I don't need any support. If my family can't accept me the way that I am, then I don't wanna have anything to do with them.

Christen nodded.

- Okay. But if you need anything, I think everyone on this team love you enough to listen to you. I mean, if you need to talk.

Carli looked at her, grateful.

- Thanks, Chris. And sorry for my reaction to your relationship with Julie. Just know that I support you guys one hundred percent.

The younger girl seemed surprised. She just smiled at Carli and walked out of the room. Immediately after Christen entered her room, Mal walked into the room and closed the door. She rushed into Carli's arms and held her close. That was her way to let the older girl know that she was there for her. Carli hugged her back, not sure this was really helping in any way, but still grateful.

Mal just smiled at her and walked out of the room.

***

- What ? NO WAY ! Hao yelled.

- I swear ! Sam snapped right back.

- I just can't believe it ! How did you find out ?

- I questioned her ! She told me there wasn't anything between them, but the she blushed like a freaking tomato !

- But weren't you the one liking her ? Alex asked, surprised.

- Yes, but no ! Sam exclaimed. She's my friend ! But holy crap they are falling for each other right in front of our noses !

- THAT'S SO CUTE IMMA CRY ! Pinoe dramatically let out.

- Oh snap, I think they just became Pinoe's new OTP, Crystal said, smirking. Good luck to them.

- Presston is still gonna be my fave OTP, Pinoe muttered angrily. But they're number two in my list.

- I knew you love us after all, Christen said.

- Back to the point ! Hao intervened. Like, WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO THIS TEAM ? TOO MANY OTPs ARE RISING FROM THE ASHES OF THE DEAD AND-...

- H, nobody died, Sam reassured her.

- ANYWAY, what do we do to make them fall into each other's arms ? Hao asked.

- We sure need a plan ! Pinoe added. What about locking them in a room for 48 hours ? I mean, primitive instincts will take over and their attraction for each other will increase and become too strong for them to resist, and they will....

- GUYS, we're still talking about my two besties, Sam yelled, putting her hands on her ears. Please don't talk about sex while talking about them.

- Sorry kid, the tiny blonde said.

- We should let them be, Crystal said.

She received a death glare from Hao and Pinoe. They were very serious whenever it came to OTPs or something.

- Party pooper...., Christen whispered.

- You're dating my best friend, Press, so you owe me respect, Crystal said, joking.

- Sorry master Dunn, the dark-haired responded, laughing.

There was a little silence, before Alex broke it :

- Wait, what would their ship name be ?

Moe and Sam immediately answered to that, yelling :

- HORETT !

- OH MY GAWD THAT'S SO CUTE ! Hao screamed.

Crystal put a hand on her mouth to make her shut up. I swear they're all five years old. Even Mal is more mature than them. Hopefully Kelley isn't here as well, otherwise it would've gotten way out of hand, the forward thought, exchanging a desperate look with Alex. But the two friends weren't the kind to stop talking now.

As Hao was opening her mouth again, Lindsey entered the room. There was an awkward silence, and the youngster was frowning.

- Everything okay ? she shyly asked.

All the girls were now pretty calm.

- Yah ! Alex exclaimed. Yeah, absolutely, right girls ?

- Totally ! Hao added.

- Things are going very well, Pinoe said.

That made Lindsey frown even more.

- You guys are weird..., she let out, before grabbing an apple and getting out of the room.

The girls burst into laughter.

The conversation was cut short when Jill called them for practice. The rest of the day was pretty calm, and all looks were turning into Lindsey and Emily's direction. Sam - who discovered that her feelings towards Emily were only friendly. And when she saw the was Lindsey was looking at Emily, it was pretty obvious that those two had a thing.

So she was doing her best to set them up for a date or something. When she talked to Moe and Mal about it, they both were pretty enthusiastic with that idea.

Who wouldn't be ? Horett for the win, Sam thought, smiling like an idiot.