Chapter 6- Fire Ladies are All in a Day's Work For the Movie-Goer

Chapter 6- Fire Ladies are All in a Day's Work For the Movies-Goer

Theo

Running for your life from some angry lady who literally spits out fire really just brightens your day up.

Who am I going to blame this on? Myself? Nope. Kale? Yep! Why? He's the one who got me in this position. It wasn't any of my choices that got me here obviously. I had no choice in this at all!

Now, here I was panting like a dog and running around with my friends like we are a wolf pack. After a few minutes, we started to slow down. We hadn't heard one noise of the girl following us.

"I think... We... Lost....her," I huffed out. "Oh... Darn it!"

"What?" Kale asked.

"We are going to get attacked because I said that," I sighed. I had finally regained my breath.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked.

"It's in the movies," I replied.

All three of the others gave me sarcastic comments.

"You know Theo, sometimes I think you watch too much TV," Kale told me.

The second after Kale said that a few outlandish snaps came from the treetops. We wordlessly backed up into each other so nobody could surprise us from behind. A large ring of fire sprang up around us keeping us trapped.

"What did I tell you guys? What did I tell you?" I gloated. Serves them right for not believing in the movies!

"Shut up, Theo! This so isn't the time," Kale yelled.

A innocent giggle came from in front of me. I gulped. I was going to die. I was going to die. She started to step toward me and with each step I felt as if my life started seeping away.

If I was going to die, I might as well say a few last words... Or sentences... Or paragraphs... Either way I was going to go down screaming out the best punch lines of all time!

"G-g-guys?" I stuttered.

"Yeah Theo?" Garret asked from behind me.

"Since I see the girl right now and I'm pretty sure I might die in a few seconds, I'm going to tell you guys some secrets," I said.

I heard Kale sigh with exasperation. Maybe he didn't believe me when I said, THE GIRL WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND I'M PRETTY SURE SHE KILLED NIKKI! Okay so maybe I didn't say that out loud but he should pick it up.

"Alright Theo. Hurry up and tell us," Logan replied kindly with an edge of terror in his voice. Obviously he was a little freaked out that I thought I was going to die.

"So I'm not really sure why Kale agreed to join up with Nikki. I'm thinking maybe he likes her-" I started.

"Wait, what?" Kale interupted.

"-maybe I'm wrong but seriously, why else would we join up. Garret, I think that one time where-" I continued.

"Don't say it!" Garret warned.

"-what? Oh not that, but anyway, that one time where someone vomited all over your birthday cake? Yeah that was-"

"You did that?" Garret asked angrily.

"-Logan. Can you guys stop inter-"

"Duuude! You weren't supposed to tell anyone that!" Logan whined.

"CAN YOU GUYS STOP INTERUPTING I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU MY DEATH SPEECH BEFORE I DIE!! YOU GUYS ARE RUINING THE MOM- AHHHHHHH!" I screamed.

While we had all been talking the girl had walked right up to my face and I hadn't noticed until I looked back at her. I pulled back backing into the guys. She smiled at me. Her hair started to catch on fire but it didn't burn. The fire from her hair started to singe my skin.

Our back-to-back group broke up as we scrambled to get away from her. The other three managed to meet back together, but I was left in the open.

"Not good. Not good," I muttered to myself.

The girl started to reach out for me. I backed away until I was almost standing in the fire that had surrounded us. Whoosh. I was suddenly outside of the ring of fire in the woods on my back with a weight on my chest.

Nikki sat on top of my chest with her hands curled up with some of my shirt. Her eyes were pulled closed with hard concentration on her face. She stayed like that for a few minutes and I craned my neck up to look at her.

Pop. Pop. Pop. Kale, Logan, and Garret appeared from two feet off the ground. They didn't move. I pushed Nikki off me.

"Oof," she said. "Thanks for that. I really need that after I saved your and your friend's butts for a mistake you guys made."

I ignored her. "Are they dead?" I asked panicked. "They aren't moving!"

"No they aren't dead they are just unconscious. Most people don't take well to being transported," she replied.

I turned to her an asked, "What about me then?"

"You were closer to the edge of her trap. I could grab you from there plus it's easier to transport people who have touched you. You just touched them with that back-to-back move. It was easier to channel their beings from you," she explained.

"Did you have to sit on me though? You felt like a million pounds! Anymore of that and I would've been crushed!" I complained playfully. I waved my hands around like a bird in flight just to show the excruciating pain I had been under.

In a heartbeat, I was on the ground once more with Nikki crouching on top of me once more. She gave me a victory smirk before saying, " I'd be careful about what you say about me, Theo. It might just get you in trouble one day."

I smirked back at her confusing her. I rolled over putting her on the ground. I pinned her arms to the side. "You under-estimated me young lady," I said addressing her surprised look.

I pushed off her and preceded to the guys. Since they were unconscious, I might as well do something funny. They should have refrained from interrupting me during my I-am-going-to-die-so-I'm-going-to-tell-you-all-of-my-inner-thoughts speech. That would teach them! Never mess with my heart-filled moments!