Glitches

• Dedicated to Luke Moser, who's floating around in space with me. Thanks for always being ther

Chapter 1- I Become A Human Torch

The ground rumbled below me as the whistling sound got closer and closer. Her hand was slipping from mine and I was too weak to continue. This is it. This is the end for us. We were both going to die. I closed my eyes waiting for intense pain when-, whoops!

I'm reading the wrong part of the story. Silly me. I should probably start from the beginning.

First off, hello. I'm Luke Moser, Glitch number one. And second, whoever stole my Pop-tart please return it in one piece. Zeke, I know it was you! Your the only one here who loves Pop-tarts as much as me. Sorry I'm getting off topic. Now where was I? Ah, yes, the beginning.

...

I yawned and rolled over in my bed, sounding like a sleep deprived zombie. Then again, following my usual morning routine, I rolled over on my right side and smash my alarm clock with one touch, causing the annoying beeping to silence. "Aw, man. This is the forth time I broke my clock this week. Dads gonna kill me" I moaned.

I sat up and stretched my arms, glancing at the strange orange burn on my right arm. I had it there ever since that day. I was eight when it happened. That story is told later in the chapter though, so you'll just have to wait till then.

The morning air filled my lungs as I took a deep breath and climbed out of bed. My bare feet stung as I touch the cold, wooden floor to my bedroom. I wiggled my toes and scratched my head as I shuffled out of my bedroom, down the hallway, into one heck of a small kitchen.

I don't live in anything fancy. Actually, my house would look like a cardboard box compared to something fancy. A two bedroom, two bath house on Main Street. Its just me and my dad in this cozy little cardboard castle we got.

Now this is the part were I'm suppose to tell you that my mom died or my dad and mom are divorced, like every other book character you stumbled upon. Thats not the case in this book. Our family is simple. I was adopted by my single dad who try's to hold down two jobs. In the mornings he's a bank teller and in the evenings we works at a super market. But today that didn't seem to be the case.

As I sat down at our small kitchen table with a box of cereal my dad entered the room pretty much like I did. He yawned, stretched out his arms then while passing me he ruffles my hair and says in half yawn, "morning, sport."

With a mouthful of cereal I say, "don't you have work now?" My dad smiled and poured himself some cereal. "I got the day off from both jobs! Now when you get home we can hang out!"

Okay, normally you don't go around saying your excited to hang out with your parents. But my dad can be pretty legit sometimes.

One time, my dad took me to a water park and got kicked out for riding a floaty down the water slide like a surf board. Legit. And once he strapped some fireworks to the bottom of my skateboard and road it all the way down Main Street. Legit. Well, except for the part were he was kept at the police office for the night. But besides that, he's pretty fun.

My dad sat down at the table with me and said, "so do you want me to take you to school?" I shook my head. "Na. It's only a couple blocks away. I'll walk." My dad nodded and took a big bite from his cereal.

For a dad, he's pretty awesome for not turning me into the Nation Science Foundation. Since we both found out I have super strength and abnormal qualities, he's been pretty chill about me.

"So were you glowing last night again?" my dad asked waving his spoon around. I shook my head again. "Nope. Not this time."

See, I have been... glowing lately. Like someone shoved a giant Christmas light inside my body. At night I tent to glow orange. I'm glad it's at night though. I have no idea what would happen if that occurred at school. People might mistake me for a walking Cheeto or something.