Chapter 8- Miss. Flash And The Australian Kidnapper

"The next dot is at Cloud 9 Gymnasium," I exclaimed while examine the stalking device. It was pretty close from where we were at. But it also was close to the police station.

A feeling of fear and uncertainty build up inside me when Dr. Frame said, "I'll park in the back while you guys run in and grab the next one."

Zeke smiled from the back saying, "this is sweet. It's like were on a quest or something." Max frowned and folded his arms. "If you count police chasing us as being sweet."

Dr. Frame turned the truck onto Main Street where we silently sat while watching the world go by. We all keep an eye out for the police though.

As I examined through the truck mirrors, I noticed a large white van was behind us. Now that I think about that, I could have sworn that van had been following us.

Putting other thoughts aside, I told myself to stay focused. This was not time to be thinking paranormal. Then again we are a bunch of super human kids who almost got smashed by a glowing meteorite. How paranormal can you get when your in my shoes?

Seeing a gymnasium appear from behind some trees, I snapped myself out of my trance and put on my game face. Slowly and cautiously, Dr. Frame pulled up behind the building and turned to us saying, "alright. Hurry, get in there and try your best to convince whatever boy or girl to join us on are runaway!"

"Yup. That sure motivates me," Max said giving him a dull look. Dr. Frame just smiled and winked then turned around as we climbed out of the truck. Together, the four of us approached the front of the gym, and entered.

The place smelled of sweat and Payless shoes. Man-do I love that smell. People of different ages were spread all throughout the large gym doing different actives and exercises. A group of treadmills were lined up along the back wall with people running or jogging on them. It the corner, some boxing equipment sat with a group of rather muscly men training there. In the left half of the gym it looked to be for gymnastics. A group of teenage girls practiced there.

I remember, my dad would take me here as a kid. Him and I worked out together. Ever since he adopted me, he got a lot happier with his daily actives. Before my dad adopted me, he was diagnosed with depression. Both his parents are dead, and he's an only child. He never really did anything. He never went to work. He got a hold of a doctor who helped him out of his funk. The doctor asked of he liked kids. He said yes. Then next thing you know, he walks into the orphanage and adopts me. The doctor said he was a lot healthier and getting better.

Smiling, I thought of the times him and I would sit on the park bench just outside the gym and squirt each other with our water bottles. We would go home soaked from head to toe. It was fun though.

"So where do you think their at?" Max asked, snapping me out of my trance. I jumped and looked at the stalking device and followed the orange dot. We walked towards the group of teenage girls at the gymnastic mats. The dot got closer to us as we approached them.

"I think one of these girls is the next one," I said to Max, Vanessa and Zeke. Zeke tapped his chin saying, "which one?" We walked to a bench and sat down. "I bet if we can find the one with the burn we'll find her," Max added. I nodded.

We watched the group of girls do acrobatic flips and leaps across the balance beams. Max, Zeke and I scowled at how crazy flexible these girls were. One girl did some splits in the air. Another girl did a back bent so high you could play London bridge under her.

"Dear Gandoffs beard that has got to be unhealthy," Zeke said turning even more pale than he already was. I frowned when a rather tall girl with long blonde hair did a hand stand. There, I saw it. A large, orange burn on the back of her right leg. "Bingo," I grinned.