h

It had only been a few hours since we started today's lesson, but the boys began to grow increasingly restless as I continued to repeat a few common English phrases that they've most likely heard before.

I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes as I tried to relax myself.

"Okay, why don't we all take a break for now?" I asked out loud as I watched the 6 weary boys instantly begin to perk up at the word, 'break." All of them looked much more relieved...

All but one.

Jungkook's expression hadn't changed from the moment the lesson started. In fact, he seemed to be more enthusiastic than me.

He looked up from his notebook and locked eyes with me once again and flailed his arm around like a young student.

I smiled slightly as I walked over to his working area and looked down at his notebook. He had the words "would," "won't," and "will" sprawled out in slightly messy handwriting.

"Would...present?" Jungkook asked me, and I assumed he meant if it was in past, present, or future tense.

"Yes. Would is in present tense." I told him, as I started to walk away.

"Brinley!" He called out.

I whipped my head around to Jungkook once more.

"Go is...Verb?" He asked again. I smiled at him. He was already learning so much in such a short span of time. He clearly payed attention more than the other members.

"Yes, it is! Great job, Jungkook." I lightly rubbed his shoulder and he tensed at the sudden physical contact. Because he tensed, I pulled away abruptly.

"Umm...We have lesson tonight?" Jungkook asked hesitantly and somewhat flustered after I touched his shoulder.

"Uh, yeah." I crookedly smiled at him, still feeling awkward simply because he was feeling awkward.

"Okay..." We kind of just stared at each other for a while, growing more and more flustered by each second.

Jungkook stood up and scurried away, leaving me utterly confused.

--

A few more hours had passed, and just like yesterday, the boys seemed eager to finally be leaving the room.

And before I knew it, only Jungkook and I were left in the room. Just like yesterday.

"Shall we start?" I asked Jungkook, gesturing to the chair next to me as I sat down.

I watched as he awkwardly shuffled towards me and took a seat in the chair next to mine with his hands folded in his lap.

After our encounter earlier in the day, things had been, well, awkward between Jungkook and I.

Though, after a couple simple English exercises, Jungkook had become more comfortable and almost back to normal.

I was trying to teach him adjectives when he kept making funny faces at me whenever I looked at him, causing me to lose my focus because...why was he so adorable? 

While I was in the middle of my sentence of explaining, he got up and walked towards something that looked like a Bluetooth speaker. He switched it on and immediately I recognized the tune from Korean radio stations I listened to in my apartment when I got any free time.

It was Touch My Body, by Sistar. 

Of all songs.

Jungkook began dancing ridiculously to the song and copying some of the girls movements as I smiled at his dance while trying to suppress my giggles.

Ultimately, I failed.

I burst out into laughter watching as he swayed his upper half wildly.

He was clearly enjoying himself.

And I was enjoying myself way too much.

He turned around and began to shake his hips from side to side, practically mirroring the girls from the video. When he finished dancing, he turned back around and came up to me with this wide smile set on his face.

"Dance! Dance!" He said; grasping onto my hands softly and pulling me up alongside him despite my objections.

Jungkook smiled down at me as we swayed our interlocked hands slightly.

"Follow me." Jungkook said with a smile as he let go of my hands and prepared for the chorus.

I couldn't help but feel my heart drop slightly when he let go of my hands, it was as if we were like two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly.

Too bad the song was wildly inappropriate for this type of dancing. 

All of that left my mind as soon as I watched Jungkook begin to dance along to the song energetically.

This doesn't seem like he's only done this once or twice before, I thought to myself silently as he continued on through the dance.

He locked eyes with me suddenly as he looked at me with an expectant look.

And just like that, it was like something took over my body.

I began to dance along with him; mimicking his actions as he laughed and shouted something in Korean before joining in beside me. This was definitely the most fun I'd had in awhile.

Jungkook turned to me again and grabbed my hands once more as we spun around in circles, listening as the song transitioned into the bridge.

Suddenly, Jungkook twirled me around and dipped me as I squealed and let out a giggle.

When he pulled me back up, I quickly realized just how close we were. He was breathing quite heavily after dancing and so was I.

He held me there as the song continued on in the background, but all I could seem to focus on was him. We were frozen in that position for what seemed like hours, until he pulled away suddenly and looked away from me.

"Um, l-let's continue with the lesson." I said as he nodded and went back to his seat silently.

Things were back to the way they were after that.

But, I wish it wasn't.

And neither did he. 

a/n #brinkook amirite