q

I knew we both heard the knocking.

It was quiet at first, easily ignorable, but as much as we tried, we couldn't get back into the moment to actually kiss.

The knocking got progressively louder, and eventually Jungkook groaned in frustration, almost sounding like a growl as he removed my hands from my neck gently and whipped opened the door.

There stood a very chipper Namjoon, and his face really pissed me off.

We were so close to fixing everything, but he had to go and wreck it.

Typical.

"Hey guys, what's up?" he asked as he invited himself into the room.

"I-I'm good." Jungkook managed to stutter out as he shut the door behind him, still clearly tangled in the heat and passion we were just in thirty seconds ago.

I looked to Jungkook with my eyes wide as I tilted my head to the side, as if we were communicating through our eyes as I stared up at him.

"What were you two doing?" Namjoon asked nonchalantly as I shrugged and looked down at my hands.

"Nothing." Jungkook answered right away for us as I felt the bed sink slightly.

I looked over to my right and saw Namjoon smiling down at me, but his eyes were suspicious about me and Jungkook, and he could read us both so well.

"Okay, well, did you guys talk it out, you guys are good?" Namjoon said, then said something in Korean to Jungkook.

"Yeah, we're good, I think..." I trailed off, looking at Jungkooks eyes then glanced at his lips quickly.

"Well, okay...I already spoke to Jungkook about our conversation earlier today and we're good now too." Namjoon smiled softly at me then at Jungkook.

"That's great." I told him, and squeezed Namjoons hand. 

"Well, I think we should be leaving now, Jungkook needs rest for our practice tomorrow, and Brinley, it's late. You should go get some sleep." He took me by the hand, said something to Jungkook in Korean once more, then started to lead me out despite my light protests. 

"Wait. I'll just be a sec. I think I forgot something." I white lied to Namjoon when we were just at the doorway, before quickly walking over to Jungkooks room once again.

I peeked inside and he was on his phone, and despite his previous annoyance, he was smiling to himself as he hummed a song that I recognized right away, simply because she was my favourite artist back in America.

Paper Hearts, by Tori Kelly.

I slipped into his room silently and tiptoed over to him,  hugging him as light as a ghost, and he flinched, but quickly softened as he realized it was me. I whispered in his ear as he sighed softly:

"I'll text you so we can try again."

And he knew exactly what I meant as I left that dorm with Namjoon.

Jungkook was the happiest he'd been in a while, and he knew that Brinley had some feelings for him, and he was overjoyed by that. They had finally gotten back to normal, and he was excited to see what the future had in store for them.

 As he laid there, wide awake, perfectly content, he couldn't help but notice an ant sized thought bubbling in his mind.

What if she likes Namjoon too?