Chapter 9 - A Fancy Dinner

Hello! Hope you enjoyed the last chapter and I also hope it left you a bit emotional. If you would like to give me feedback you can comment and if you don't have a wattpad account you can dm my twitter (@JaisFifa)

-- 10 votes for chapter 10 (:

This is also Jai's POV incase you were confused

I was finally happy again for the first time in years. The girl that I was crazy about, was crazy about me too. Nothing in the world could make me the slightest bit sad right now. I had never felt the feeling of love like this before, and so far it felt great. I was on cloud 9 and wasn't planning on coming down.

To know that it was the weekend made my happy mood even happer. The weather was slowly clearing up and the grey clouds started to turn into pretty white ones. The sky was transforming from a big, black blur into a bright shade of blue. I lay there, smiling to myself until I was interrupted because of a voice coming from top bunk.

"Told you she was different." said Luke.

"Yeah," I replied softly.

"Do you wanna know how I knew?"

"How?"

"Because she told me." said Luke softly but powerfully.

"When?" I said, startled.

"The day we played AFL at lunch with her." replied Luke.

My heart felt warm and fuzzy. She had liked me all along. I wanted this feeling to last forever.

Suddenly my phone which was on the empty pillow next to mine, buzzed.

The text from Jade said: "Come surfing with me and Sam, bring the boys. Mum's at my aunties so you're staying the night only you (((:"

I giggled at the way she put the message together and replied: "I'll tell the boys to get their wetsuits on and meet you at the car, bring your boards and I'll be there tonight"

Her next cheeky text said: "You can wear what you want but I'd prefer if you went shirtless"

I laughed so loud that Luke had to question why I was laughing at.

"Nothing," I said, "But get your wetsuit on because we're all going surfing."

After finally managing to drag Beau out of bed, we all met Jade and Sam at Mum's car. 

As we climbed into the Toyota she whispered, "You didn't go shirtless, so disappointed." 

I laughed and examined her up and down. Even though she was in a wetsuit, she still looked perfect. He blonde hair was out and hung down to her waist, her freckles stood out as she was wearing no makeup, but it looked perfect to me. After the short ride to the beach we all carried our boards to the waters edge. Paddling out into the clear ocean, I kept close to Jade. Last time I went surfing with her, I barely knew anything about her, but today she was the one I loved. I wanted her to be my girlfriend but I wasn't ready to ask her yet, incase I got rejected. I wanted my relationship with her to last a lifetime, so I wasn't going to jump to things too early. You may be thinking, you're only in year 11? And you want to spend your life with someone who you've only known for a month?  

Ever since I first heard her speak I knew she was the type of girl I needed. She was the one and I knew it from the very beginning. Even when I become old and grey, I wanted to be the one to tuck her in bed and tell her I love her.  

I shook my head violently and snapped back to planet earth.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked.