Chapter 15 - We're Adventurous

It was a very sunny Sunday morning, which made me groan loudly. You may ask, why would a sunny, Sunday morning be so bad anyway? The answer is this; over the weekend I had developed a deep chesty cough, draining headaches and a runny nose, which made my voice sound like a peg had been permanently placed on my nose.

I opened the blinds to let the sun peer into my small bedroom. After trying my hardest to find the warmest spot, I curled up into a small ball, allowing the sun to heat my cold body up. When I decided I was warm enough, I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where Mum, Dad and Sam were preparing their own individual breakfasts'.

Dad looked up at me and said, "How're you feeling?" Which I thought was quite nice to know he was interested in me and my well-being.

"Bad," I replied. Which was true, although not as bad yesterday. To be completely honest I may have been overreacting a tiny little fraction to get the day off school tomorrow. Speaking of fractions, missing out on school tomorrow probably wasn't a good idea because we were meant to learn fractions in Maths tomorrow for our exam next term.

"What are you guys doing today?" I directed my question at all three of my family members.

"Going into the city, wanna come?" answered Dad.

"No, I'll stay here." I was pretty happy my family were leaving me here alone. I could enjoy the luxury of staying here by myself, watching movies and having the freedom of eating whatever was desired out of the fridge without being scowled at by Mum.

I sat on our chocolate coloured couch and waited for the three of them to leave. Somehow, a few flies squirmed their germy selves into my house and tried to make themselves at home, too bad they wouldn't last long with me around. To pass time, I spent the morning shooing buzzing flies and squatting them with a bright pink fly squat I found outside.

When the family was finally out the door, I switched on the tv, put some music on and grabbed all the food I could. I sang aloud all the songs that came to my mind until I found some open windows, meaning anyone who walked past could hear my terrible singing (or should I say screeching.) Violently, I shut the windows and resumed singing and watching tv.

Suddenly, I heard a loud bang coming towards the front of my house. I reached over to the remote and turned the volume of the tv (and my singing) all the way down. Turns out, it was just someone knocking on the door. I lept off the couch and crept over the the blinds which remained to the righthand side of the door to check who was responcible for the knocking. You might be thinking, well someones a little protective, but who knows who could be at my door. You wouldn't be laughing if there was a rogue murderer who kidnapped me and slit my throat.

Unable to see who was at my door, I decided to risk the consequences and answer it. Standing there was not a kidnapping murderer, but my boyfriend. He was wearing a Nirvana t-shirt, plain black shorts, black vans and his signature smile which could brighten anyone's day instantly.

"Hello," I breathed, praying he didn't hear me singing earlier.

"Can I come in?" he raised his thick eyebrows and peered into my lounge room.

"I'd love for you to, but I don't want you to catch my cold." I secretly hoped he still came in anyway.

"No it's ok."

I invited Jai in and we sat on the couch with a big blanket covering us.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good. Well I mean I could be better but still," I replied.

I sniffed and pushed up my black glasses which I used for reading and watching tv and waited for Jai to speak.

"Get some normal clothes on, I'm taking you out somewhere." he said finally.