Chapter 13 - The Midnight Text

I woke up and felt his warm presense. Jai slept peacefully beside me, making very little or no sound at all. His bare chest rose up and down as he breathed. I slowly lifted my leg towards the edge of the bottom bunk and silently crept out. I climbed the ladder to the top bunk, trying to make as little sound as possible to check if Luke was awake. He was lying there, staring at the ceiling with his arms tucked over his head.

"Hello," I whispered, which made him jump.

"You's didn't fuck did you?" he questioned.

"What? No!" I said spitting as I spoke."

"Did you kiss?"

"No," I lied, trying not to smile to myself. It was a miracle to know that you had just kissed your dream boy.

"Who's shirt is that?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I dunno, Jai's?"

I had worn Jai's shirt, kissed him, told him I loved him, fallen asleep on him, exchanged secrets with him and even slow danced with him and we still weren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet. I began to wonder why this was. Why hadn't he asked me to be his girlfriend yet? He was still the same crush from my first day at Penola. The wait was killing me. What if he didn't like me enough?

Still halfway up on the ladder, I heard the sheets below rustling and popped my head under the rail to see if Jai had woken. His eyes were slightly open as he stretched his muscular arm above his head. I jumped from the ladder and fell on my knees right beside him. His hair was slightly messy and the lower half of his body was hidden in the white sheets.

"Hey," he grinned and sat up against the wall.

"Hello," I smiled back.

"What's the time?" he asked.

I checked my black ripcurl watch which remained on my right wrist and said, "Nearly 7."

"You're left handed," he said flatly.

"Yeah?"

"Me too," he grinned.

Before I could say anything else, Luke stuck his head under the rail which made Jai and I both jump backwards.

"You're lovey business is making me sick," he said.

"Don't listen to it then," I smirked, putting my foot on his face.

After trying to get my foot away from his face he said, "Alright I'm coming down."

He squirmed down from the top bunk like an upside down worm and splatted face first on the mattress. Jai and I roared with laughter.

After we finally settled down Luke said, "We'll wake Beau and tell Mum we're going to school early. I'll text Skip and tell him we're gonna film it at his house."

"Who's Skip?"

"He's part of our group," replied Luke.

"Oh, right."

Today, our plan was to wag school and film some video for their group. I still had absolutely no idea what it was for, but the name Janoskians was very familiar and I had heard it being brought up in my old school. Who would've thought I'd ended up kissing one of them. If only my friends in Sydney could see me now.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked Jai as we walked side by side towards the kitchen.

"Weetbix for me," he said.

"I've had weetbix everyday since I was like 5." I replied.

"Me too."

We grabbed our bowls, milk, cereal and spoons and placed them all on the dining table. Beau was still asleep and Luke was making toast. Jai sat down and I walked right around the table to sit directly oppsosite him. He eyed me and grabbed a handful of weetbix and put them in the bowl. I repeated his steps exactly. We both poured the milk and looked at eachother as we ate. He finished a fraction of time before me and grabbed another handful to put in his bowl. When I finished my last one he said, "You done?" I shook my head and smirked at him, grabbing another handfull. He watched me and increased the pace of his eating and I did exactly the same. He grabbed another hanful and said once again, "You done yet?" Again, I shook my head and began to try and keep up with his pace. I became so full that I had to slow down before I vomited all over his dining table.