Chapter 14 - Passing Notes

Yo guys I haven't been updating that much lately because exams but this week I'll be back on track. All my exams should be over by the time I finish this so prepare yourself for more chapters to come.

--- JAI'S POV ----

A piece of long, thick blonde hair lightly tickled my face as I rose from the sheets. I used my big clumsy hands to push it away gently. I looked at Jade who was curled up in a little ball. She was no longer a stupid little crush, but as of last night, my new girlfriend. The thought of this made me squirm with excitement on the inside.

Deciding to tell my twin brother the news, I quietly climbed up the ladder and tickled his feet to wake him up. Luke groaned and opened his left eye. He looked cranky which made me laugh louder than I should of.

"Why are you so cheerful?" he said coarsely.

I smiled to myself and shrugged my shoudlers. The person sleeping below me was the one and only reason for my cheerfulness.

"Why are you so cheerful?" Luke repeated, in the same coarse tone as before.

"I asked her," I said, which made him sit up immediately.

"What did she say," his tone was urgent and worried.

"Yes," I smiled.

"Oh." He slumped back into his previous position.

I knew I shouldn't have told him but I couldn't help myself. Besides, he would've found out anyway. Luke and I's roles were shifting places. This time, he was jealous of me, and a perfect girl had chosen me instead of him.

My mind wandered in a different direction. Jade's Dad was reuniting with her and her family today. I wondered what he was like. Would he like me enough? Or would he force Jade away from me?

I heard her wake up, making me look down at my freshly changed Essendon Bombers bedsheets. No, I was not a 5 year old and yes, it was a dumb move to have your favourite footy team's bed sheets in the bed you and your girlfriend were about to sleep in. Athough it was rather embarrassing, I doubted Jade would breakup with me after 8 hours due to bedsheets.

"Good morning," she groaned, her voice rougher than usual.

"Hello," I grinned. It was our first day as an official couple and I couldn't wait to tell the world.

"Do we have to go to school?" she said, yawning and stretching her long arms.

"We can wag again if you want?"

"Nah Mum will get suspicious."

"Yeah, I guess so," I agreed.

                                                                     *

We all changed into our uniforms and head to school early. As usual, Luke and Beau walked ahead while Jade and I trailed behind. Also as usual, we linked arms because holding hands was just too mainstream for us.

"So what time does your Dad get back?" I tried not to make things awkward, because awkward couples where not a good sign.

"Not sure, before school finishes I think, I can't wait to tell him all about you," she said.

"What's he like?" I asked.

"Surfy, blonde, tanned, funny," she explained, "He looks like me and Sam basically, except we have Mum's green eyes and her knowledge."