Part 2 - Best Friend Priorities

Days have passed since the time at the ski lodge, and the day when the four friends were all at Riley's house. Now Riley and Maya are sitting at the bay window, where they always sit together.

"I'm with Lucas now," Riley says smiling at Maya, "I've gone on several dates with him and I really like him."

"Yeah," Maya says smiling back. She knows Riley's been wanting to be with Lucas for a while now. She just doesn't know how genuine her smile really is.

"But Maya," Riley asks looking hard at Maya as if trying to read the expression on her face. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay Riles?" Maya says. "I don't like Lucas." As Maya says this she realizes that she's trying to convince herself more than trying to convince Riley. Does she like Lucas? But what about Josh?

"I know you don't," Riley says.

"Don't- don't what?" Maya asks her, coming back from being lost in her own thoughts.

"I know you don't like Lucas," Riley says. "But I've been hanging out with him a lot and I feel like we (she points to herself and Maya) haven't been together as much." Riley turns her whole body to face Maya and look her right in the eye and continues talking. "You are always the most important person to me. Maya, I don't want you to think that he's getting in between us."

"Huckleberry?" Maya starts incredously. "Of course he could never come in between us." Maya raises her arm to show a ring on her finger. "Because we're thunder."

"And lighting," Riley says, showing an identical ring and grabbing Maya's hand. She laughs a little. "Yeah." Riley thinks about what she could do to make her best friend happier. Then it comes to her, their favorite place besides the bay window. "I have an idea. To make it up to you..."

"There's nothing you need to make up to me Riley, I know that you'll, no matter what, always be there for me."

"Let's hang out at Topanga's today," Riley finishes.

Maya thinks over it. "Okay. If you insist," Maya says happily.

"Out the window?" Riley asks gesturing towards it with her hand.

"Same way I came in," Maya says. The girls look at each other and Maya goes out the window, with Riley following behind her.

Woooo! Give this a vote if you guys wanna know what happens at Topanga's. You should go check out my friends @gamergirl260, @ILoveGarmauAphmau, and @TheDivergentLoverFan. Also go check out the single On Purpose that Sabrina Carpenter (a.k.a. Maya) recently released! It's amazing. Well thanks for reading ☺ (Watch video!!!)