Part 10 - The Dance

Maya went to the restroom and changed into her beautiful dress. She reapplied her make-up and let her hair half up half down. She looked beautiful, gorgeous, perfect.

She put her bag down, looked at herself in the mirror, and sighed. What am I so worried about? she asked herself. I'm here because Riley wanted me to be here and because I already bought this expensive dress so I might as well use it. I'm gonna dance with Farkle, as friends, and that's it. She forced a smile on and went outside.

"Hey," Farkle said as he spotted her. "You look amazing," he said, handing her a rose.

"Thank you, Farkle, you do, too," Maya said and have him a hug.

"I got you something, actually," Maya said with a smile. She looked around and frowned.

"Didn't I have my bag with me right now?" Maya asked Farkle.

"Um, no," Farkle replied.

"I must have left it in the restroom," Maya said to herself. "Stay here, I'll go get it."

Maya went into the restroom and gasped.

There was Zay and Smackle, making out.

"Guys!" Maya screamed with a look of horror. "What are you doing!!!!"

Smackle and Zay separated and looked at Maya with their mouths wide open.

"Maya," Smackle started. "You can't-"

But Maya cut her off. "Do not tell me what I can or can't do. When has Farkle not been loyal? He would never do this."

"How are you so sure of that?" Smackle replied. "I am aware that I know more about books but I know love when I see it. He loves Riley. Not me. But Zay, Zay does love me."

"Yeah, I do," Zay replied. "Look, what we're doing, same thing you and Lucas are doing."

"Me and Lucas haven't done anything," Maya lied and shifted uncomfortably.

"Now, I doubt that that's true," Zay said.

"And even if you haven't done anything, it's just the way you look at each other. You're in love, you just deny it because of Riley," Smackle said smartly.

"You don't know anything, neither of you do," Maya snapped. "But here's what I know, you can't do this to Farkle. So go tell him that you don't love him or I will. And trust me it's better if he hears it from you."

Smackle looked at the ground.

"I thought you guys weren't even coming to the dance," Maya said.

"We just said that so y'all don't come looking for us," Zay said.

Maya scoffed. "Well, what now?"

"You go find Lucas and tell him you like him," Zay replied.

"And what good will that do?" Maya asked incredulously.

"He likes you, too"

"No, he doesnt. I saw that big gesture he did for Riley when asking her to the dance. No one would ever do that for me."