Part 8 - A Lesson on Fate

(Okay b4 I start this off just know I haven't been continuing this story in forever so if it's sloppy don't kill me)

Maya and Riley are at school taking stuff out of their lockers. Maya avoids making eye contact with Riley, but Riley continually glances at Maya. After a while she breaks the silence between them.

"So," Riley says. "Um we haven't really talked a lot and something obviously happened. I'm your best friend and yesterday you said you weren't okay. As your best friend, I deserve to know what's up. "

Maya stays quiet.

Riley sighs in frustration. "I'm talking to you, Maya. Sooner or later you are gonna have to tell me what's going on with you."

"Riley I already told you! Nothing happened and I never said I wasn't okay," Maya says, slamming her locker shut. "And you don't deserve to know anything."

Riley stares at Maya. "Okay that wasn't nice at all. What the heck is wrong with you today?"

"Oh, so now there's something wrong with me?!" Maya screams. For some reason she had all this anger boiling up inside of her. It's all her fault, Maya thought. She sighed. No it's not. It's mine.

"I'm sorry, Riley. I just don't even know what im feeling anymore. I don't know what happened, but I do know that the last thing I want is to lose you as a friend. Besides we already figured out this whole stupid triangle thing. And Lucas chose you and I chose Josh."

"Have you talked to Josh recently?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, I have. Things didn't work out how I was hoping, but I don't need a guy right now," Maya replied with a fake smile.

The bell rings and Riley and Maya go to the History classroom,  where Lucas, Zay, and Farkle are already seated.

"Hi," Lucas says to Riley.

"Hi," Riley replies.

Maya bites her lip and sits down.

Mr. Matthews has the word fate written on the board. Maya groans.

"Can't you just teach us about climate change or something?" Maya whines.

Corey laughs. "Fate," he says. "Fate is the events that happen beyond a persons control, determined by a supernatural power. I think that there are no such thing as coincidences. Sometimes your fate is who your friends are or who your soulmate is. (Lucas glances at Maya) But the fate of someone happens no matter what. That, however, doesn't mean that the decisions you make don't affect you. Because what you say and do is what leads you to your fate, you just don't know it because well, no one knows what their fate is until the day it comes."

"Why does fate screw us over  sometimes?" Zay asks.

"It does seem like that doesn't it?" Corey replies. "But fate knows what it's doing with you.  Look life is just full of these little tests. But only you can decide if you pass or fail."

Riley starts coughing.

"Are you okay?" Farkle asks her.

"Yeah," Riley says as she finishes coughing. "Just have a little cough I guess."

"Also, there is going to be a school dance on Friday. Let's see what fate does to us there," Corey says as the bell rings.

************************************

"We need to buy our dresses right now!" Riley says once she and Maya got to Riley's apartment.

"Do we really?"

"What we wear on that day will decide the rest of our lives."

Maya stares at Riley with a face of disbelief and then she laughs. "Okay, sure, I guess."

Riley starts coughing again.

"Are you sure you're feeling well?" Maya asks with concern.

"I'm fine, Maya, now what do you want your dress to look like?...."

The girls talk for hours about how they want their hair, shoes, make-up, and dresses to be like.

Riley's phone rings.

"Oh, um it's Lucas." Riley answered her phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, don't look out the bay window," Lucas says and he hangs up.

Maya and Riley look at each other and then out the bay window.

The platform outside the bay window is decorated all in purple. Lucas is there with a rose and a sign that says Will you come to the dance with me?

Riley puts her hand over her mouth in awe. Maya stares at Lucas and then at Riley. She feels a knot in her chest. "Uh I- I'll give you two some privacy, heh," Maya says.

"Yeah, okay," Riley says still looking at Lucas.

Maya walks out of the room and a tear rolls down her cheek. What was she expecting? For Lucas to actually like her instead of Riley? She shakes her head.

"Hope is for suckers," Maya says to herself and she leaves Riley's apartment.

OKAY OKAY OKAY so yeah ik Lucas is sort of an evil stupid person but hey that's what's happening in the real Girl Meets World too. 😑😑
To be honest guys I really don't watch GMW anymore cuz season 3 has so far sucked. (Leave a comment if you agree)
Also Ik I haven't posted anything in a million years but IM BACK. So yeah that's all I wanted to say. What do you think is gonna happen at the dance? hehehe
Also...
ARIANA GRANDE WON ARTIST OF THE YEAR AT THE AMAS OMG IM SO FRICKIN PROUD OF HER I LIKE CRIED. SLAY QUEEN SLAYYY. SHE FRICKIN BEAT JUSTIN BIEBER AND SELENA GOMEZ AND RIHANNA AND MY QUEEN GAVE AN AMAZING SPEECH. I LOVE YOU ARI ❤❤❤
Mkay that's all bye!
"Plant Love, Grow Peace" - Ariana Grande 💜