Mistakes Were Made

~Nico

A soft tapping comes from the other side of the door.

"N-Nico?" Will.

"Leave me alone! Or did you not hear me earlier?"

"N-Nico, p-please don't push m-me away." He said in a small voice, startling me.

"Open the door for me, please."

Reluctantly, I stood up, my hand on the doorknob. I hesitated, did I want to deal with this? Or should I just run away like usual? No. I refuse to run away. Setting my jaw and my mind, I angrily twist the knob, revealing none other than Will Solace.

A gasp caught in my throat. He looked - so sad. Will was pale and his hair was hanging limply. His expression never looked so strange. So sad on such a bright face. Will reminded me of Octavian.

Instead of consoling him, I muttered, "What do you want?"

Will flinched, and I could tell that something in him broke. My heart shattered.

He sighed. "Are you going to explain why you ran off after kissing me?"

"Look, Will, it-" I sighed, "It was a mistake, alright. I didn't mean to kiss you, I was just caught up in the moment. Everything was a mistake. I should've left both camps."

Will looked like he'd been shot, but then his resolve hardened. "Everything was just a mistake? Was falling for you a mistake? Was actually caring about your wellbeing a mistake?" He glared.

I opened my mouth to reply, but he put a hand up, stopping me.

"No, wait. I already have my answer." And if I blinked, I would've missed it, but I swear I saw a tear run down his face.

"I see now, that everything really was just a mistake." Will laughed, but it was empty and mirthless. "Joke's on me, I suppose. Goodbye, di Angelo."

He turned on his heel and walked away. I closed my door and fell down onto my knees, burying my hands in my hair as I let go a few tears of my own.

_________________________

FORGIVE ME.

This one is also direly short.