Chapter 22: Fated 3

Reina's mother escorted Yuma to the living room as they arrived inside her home seconds later. The brunette teenage girl was displeased by her mother's actions. She nearly almost forgot how kittenish her mother could be around attractive men. Hence, she never understood how her parents stayed married this long. But whatever the case may be, Reina was thankful that she took mostly after her father.

"Have a seat Yuma," Reina heard her mother say.

"Thank you Mrs. Honda," Yuma said with a warm smile. He sat down on the cream-colored sofa and rested his arms on top of it.

Reina's mother blushed with her hand over her mouth and afterwards giggled. "Please, call me Nora...or mom if you like."

The hair on the back of Reina's neck pricked up as she clenched her fists. "Please mom, just make the boy some goddamn tea already!" She snapped before realizing her foul language.

Nora was startled by her daughter loud voice. This was the first time her daughter had an outburst in front of her, she was always such a carefree child. "I'll go make the tea now," Nora pronounced. She inquisitively looked at her daughter as she exited the living room.

Right after she left Reina's father came inside the room. Her father stood 6'4 in a pair of dark blue pajama pants and white t-shirt. When walking inside, he immediately gazed at Yuma before walking over to Reina and hugging her. "I knew it, I thought that I heard your voice. Where have you been? I've missed my champ so much." He complained, when holding her in his embrace.

"Champ?" Yuma mumbled. "Wouldn't she be more of a princess?"

Reina's father glared at him. "Do you have a problem with me calling my daughter champ buddy?"

Yuma waved his hands in front of him with a nervous look on his face. "No sir, not at all. I was just thinking out loud, I guess."

"Dad, this is Yuma and Yuma this is my dad Ryuu," Reina introduced while trying to break the bad tension inside the room.

Yuma stood up and bowed his head. "It's really night to meet you sir."

Ryuu cocked an eyebrow. "Are you dating my daughter?"

"It's not like that," they both announced at the same time with a shade of pink covering their cheeks.

"Reina, can you come in here for a second?" Nora called from inside the kitchen.

"I'm coming," Reina yelled back. "Be right back Yuma, and be nice daddy." She warned her father before walking out of the living room and walked inside the kitchen.

"Yes mother, you called?"

Nora glanced over her shoulder at her. "Can you pass me the tea cups out of the cabinet please?"

"Sure," Reina sweetly replied as she open her mother good china cabinet.

"So how far long are you," Nora interrogated out of nowhere.

Reina accidently dropped one of the tea cups on the marble floor as whipped her head around with a puzzled expression on her face. "Excuse me? I didn't quite get that."

"How long were you planning on waiting to tell me that you are pregnant Reina," she questioned with a disappointed look on her face.

"H-how d-d-did you know?" Reina stuttered with wide eyes.

Nora turned away from the kitchen counter, crossed her arms to her chest and sighed. "I think that I know my daughter. You never got so frustrated with me in front of guest before. You've always been so calm and courteous. Now you don't even recognize the same carefree girl that I raised... What happen all that time when you were gone Reina? Why did you suddenly decide to come back home?!