Chapter 26: Caught Up

I'm here to make your life a living hell...

A drop a sweat dripped down the side of Aguri's face. His heart started to pound faster than the average rate that it sounded like a bass drum beating against his ribcage. Instantly, Aguri felt like the room was getting hot, so he lifted his hands and adjusted his tie before undoing his shirt. All these hints were signs of panicking. He knew that he was at fault for his crime, but how on earth did the teenage boy standing in front of him know about anything he did in the past, they never actually met before yesterday.

Aguri lifted his eyes and tried to hide the fact that he was intimidated by the boy's vicious oath. He couldn't show his niece's boyfriend any signs of weakness. e begin to laugh suddenly. "Now I see why Kyoyo is interested in a guy like you... You don't hold your tongue and you're witty," Aguri commented while taking a seat behind his deck. "Come sit and have a drink with me." He pulled out two glasses and a bottle of alcohol from out of his desk-draw.

Laito did what he was told and sat down on one of the seats in front of the desk with his leg crossed over the other. "Sir, if you're trying to bribe me with warm hard liquor, then I assure you that it won't work with me."

Aguri soundlessly gulped as he slowly looked at him. As he was pouring alcohol in his cup, it immediately started to overflow and spill all over the desk. He only realized this seconds later, when some of the alcohol dripped on his trousers. "SHIT!" He shrieked, quickly standing up from his desk and wiping his pants.

Laito sarcastically laughed with his mouth open and hands pressed over his stomach. "The culprit has failed to show me otherwise! What a touching display you put on for me... Now only if your brother was here to see for it." He stated with a smug smile appearing at the corner of his mouth.

"W-who are you? What do you want? Why did you come here," Aguri interrogated in a shake tone of voice.

The auburn-haired vampire sighed to himself before standing up from the chair. Then he walked over to the bookshelf and pulled out a book. "If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only to ask." He said, flipping through the pages in a book.

Aguri's eyes widen in awe. "What the –did you just recite Harry Potter Deathly Hallow?! What does that have to do with anything?"

Laito slammed the book shut and glanced over his shoulder at the trembling man. "Just like what it said in the book." He replied before tossing it over his shoulder.

Aguri threw himself to the ground and caught the book just in time. "Are you insane?" He asked him while holding the book in his arms. "This is Kyoyo's favorite book! She'll be upset if something happened to it!"

"Tsk-tsk, you never sees to amaze me." Laito chuckled. "If I may ask...Why is that book so important to you? Is it because that's the last book Kyoyo's father read to her before he was brutally murdered?"

The middle-aged man jaw set when hearing this. "What are you getting at? ...Are you presuming that I had something to do with my brother's murder?!"

"HA-HA! You got me! It took you a long time to figure that out, but you finally got the picture."

Aguri tightly clenched fist. "Know your place boy! You're accusing a political director of serious offences and I will not stand for it!"

"Every time I mention something about your brother, your heart rate starts to pick up and you immediately become paranoid and sweaty," Laito pointed out. "So if you think about it, you're actually giving yourself away."

He shook his head in disbelief when backing up against the wall. "Stay away from me," Aguri demanded. "I thought all my troubles were gone until you arrived! Now that I get a good look at you, you don't look like a normal teenage boy."