Chapter Two: An Unexpected Encounter

Wendy stood outside of Bowser Jr.'s room, quietly closing the door behind her to avoid being heard. "Hey!" Bowser Jr. barked, catching her red handed. His older sister squealed. "Yaaahh! Junior! Oh." She rolled her eyes dismissively. "Hey bro." "What were you doing in my room?" He stamped his foot angrily. Wendy chuckled and thought for a minute, then held a wand out in front of her. It was Bowser Junior's wand, with the white magic orb inside it, sitting inside of Wendy's pink painted claws. "Just borrowing your wand- mine broke again." She said plainly, twirling the wand around in her hand like a baton.

He growled. "But it's MINE! You shouldn't have broken yours!" "You never use your wand." Wendy retorted. With that, she strutted away with Bowser Jr.'s wand. Junior searched  his mind for a comeback, or a way to get his wand back, but he eventually gave up. After all, she was right. He rarely used the wand.

Wendy snickered as she walked, her heels clicking on the floor. "Didja get it?" A voice asked. Wendy sneered, displaying the wand in front of her. "Hah! It was so easy!" Morton, the figure in front of her laughed. "Good. Let's go meet up with Larry. This'll be soooo good." Both of them chortled and ran off to find the other koopaling. As they ran, they bumped into Kamek, the magikoopa, who was in charge of managing things and making sure they ran smoothly. "Children! Why are you running in the halls? Is that- is that Bowser Junior's wand?" He demanded. Wendy and Morton paused. "Uh... Yes! We were just about to, um, return it to him." Wendy said with a swish of her yellow tail. Kamek grumbled and dismissed it. He knew they were up to something, but there were more important matters at hand.

Something had just crossed his mind: what if the Mario Brothers try to escape? They always do. He sighed and began ordering Koopa Troopas and Goombas about, telling them to clean something or make something or watch over something, like tending to the piranha plant gardens or guarding the stolen treasure sanctuary. He was honestly losing hope that the Koopas would ever conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. He gave a soft sigh as he thought, adjusting his tall blue hat.

"Something wrong, Kamek?" A voice asked from behind him. Startled, he jumped and turned to see none other than a Boo, who went by the name of Banshee. Kamek gave another sigh, wondering why Bowser had decided on letting Boos stay in the castle. Banshee laughed, showing her delight in frightening others. Kamek decided there was no loss in explaining the plan to her, knowing that Boos are very secretive, and, ergo, are good at keeping secrets. Banshee listened with interest. "Oh.... So you're still having that problem with Mario, eh? You came to the right Boo. See, I have a trick up my sleeve that I've always wanted to try out on a human- more specifically, the bros." She chortled mischievously. "A spell... A force field, if you will. It's a spherical prison, like an unpoppable bubble. Only Boos can pass in and out of it. Not even King Koopa could." She snickered. Kamek's beady black eyes widened. It was perfect. It was foolproof. It was flawless. And he had this common little Boo to thank.