Chapter Eleven: Fear

It was a chilling day in late November. The wind was howling, leaves and acorns were drifting out of trees, and nothing was out of the ordinary in the Mushroom Kingdom.

BANG.

An explosion emitted from the princess's castle, like someone had eaten dynamite while equipped with a fire flower in a volcano. The time had begun for the execution of the plan. Bowser was pumped and ready, so was his son. Toads that weren't taken as captives were shivering in fear as the battle commenced in the former throne room. A decent sized crowd was forming around the castle- who am I kidding, everybody and their grandmother had come to see what all the commotion was about. Mothers were holding babies and children consolingly, wives were searching desperately for their husbands, dogs were howling and barking. Despite the dog's barks and the babies' occasional cry, it became uncomfortably quiet. Everyone snapped back into attention and stared as Bowser Koopa stepped from the rubble that was once a grand throne room and surveyed his soon-to-be new kingdom.

"Gwah hah hah...." Bowser growled in his bone chilling hiss. Toads shivered and stared up at him in fear. No Mario Bros to save them, the toads were either wracking their minds for a plan to defeat the evil King Koopa or writhing in hopelessness. The latter held the majority. "Listen up, mushroom heads." Bowser Junior piped up. "There's gonna be some new changes around here. Hee hee hee!" He said, crossing his arms pridefully. The breeze gently brushed his fire red ponytail back.

The toads stared at him in terror as if he were as volatile as a ticking time bomb. Which he potentially was. One thing that everyone who knew Bowser understood, was that Peach and Bowser are the most different rulers ever. Polar opposites at first glance, even. One is ruthless, powerful, awesome. The other is kind, gentle, and feminine. You can guess which one is which. Point being, these naive toads were not at all ready for the lightening fast transition into a Koopa Monarchy.

His eyes covered by an overcast shadow, Bowser continued to sneer, being perfectly silent as he selected his words. Everyone knew what he was doing. He was contemplating his next move. This made several people gulp in fear, anticipating the worst. "Boy, what a lovely kingdom you have here..." he chuckled darkly, "... I can't wait to destroy it."