Chapter Four: The Adversary's Suspicions

Peach sat upon her throne, staring at the wall. She had summoned the kingdom's heroes, Mario and Luigi. "Your highness-" Luigi was cut off. "I need your help." She said. "Is it Bowser? Again? What has he done this time?" Mario asked frantically. The princess sighed. "I noticed something... Last time I was captured. It has me concerned." "What is, your majesty? Is Koopa back at it? Why so soon?" Mario asked. Peach put her hand up to silence him. Both of the bros immediately stood up straight and shut their mouths.

"Junior. You know, Bowser's youngest son?" She began. They nodded. "He... Said something. He said that they weren't supposed to capture me because of a 'plan'. I don't know what it is, but, knowing King Bowser, it's something awful. You two are the most reliable heroes I know. I'd like for the two of you to go into Koopa Castle and spy on them- gather information without being seen. Do you think you can do it?" She asked.

Luigi was shivering. Sure, they'd fought the Koopas countless times; but going into their lair? Who knows what kinds of monsters lurk there (besides the Koopas themselves). He imagined it as dark and dreary, possibly haunted, and covered in cobwebs. Spiders and bugs and evil things.... Luigi shrieked, but Mario covered his mouth with a hand to shut him up. "Of course, Princess. We'll get the info you need and stop the nasty Koopas in their tracks." He said, smiling.

Peach chuckled softly and nodded in approval. "Wonderful. You will leave tomorrow. If you are seen, come back at once. Thank you, Mario brothers. You may leave." She smiled at the both of them, then turned to Mario. A pink blush spread over her cheeks, and his. Luigi had immediately darted away, but Mario stayed for a moment longer with the princess.

"This. Will. Be. GREAT!" Wendy guffawed to her two brothers, Morton and Larry. "Uh... I don't know, Wen... Don't you think King Dad would notice?" Morton said, looking at his claws. "Psh, since when are you one to have guilt and sympathy?" Larry laughed and elbowed his older brother. "He won't find out, he's too busy with Junior's little plan." Morton sighed. "Fine. Let's do this." He smirked. Larry took his youngest brother's wand and aimed it at Wendy. He covered his eyes with his hand. Morton did the same, and a bright light filled the room. They removed their hands. Wendy snickered. "So, did it work?" She asked, but received no answer. She only saw her two brothers staring wide eyed.